2,243 results
All reviews sea view bus station crazy golf lovely hotel three star small fridge breakfast and dinner star hotel per day buffet style cold meats plenty of choice half board lovely beach short break bed and breakfast superior room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just back from a 7 night stay at the Dom Jose. The hotel has a wonderful location on the main promenade with uninterrupted beach and sea views. It's also a 2 minute walk from the main bus terminal. Friendly staff, good well equipped room and high levels of cleanliness throughout the hotel. Buffet breakfast was excellent with a very wide choice of hot and cold food. Plenty of comfortable seating in the lounge area, good bar and food menu with drinks and food of a high standard. The hotel offers fantastic value and is much better than its 3* rating. Will stay there again and recommend it.

1  Thank Bradley R
DomJoseBeachHotel, Diretor-Geral at Dom Jose Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Dom Jose Hotel for your holidays and for sharing your experience with other travelrs
We hope to receive you again soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a short break here with Jet 2 which was incredible value. The hotel is fine for a three star and scores very well for location, being on the sea front, across the road from the bus station if you want to travel to Faro or beyond, and a ten minute walk from Quarteira centre and half an hour to Vilamoura.
I had requested a high floor room which would have had better views but I quite enjoyed the first floor room I was given as it was great for people-watching. The room had a kettle, fridge and free use of safe but too few plugs. The bed was comfortable with good quality linen and pillows.The heating worked well which, as it was very chilly, was very welcome. The tv had BBC and ITV, again good when it was cold and wet.
Breakfast was fine, catering well for English tastes though I'd have liked more continental options. The restaurant staff were very efficient and friendly.
The only thing that let the place down was the attitude of a couple of women on reception. I arrived and was greeted with a stony face so I said "Hello" to which she snapped "Passport." I handed it over and filled in the registration form and she then asked for/demanded my credit card. (My holiday, being a package, was prepaid). I queried this and she said it was for any food and drinks I might have. As I was once (not here) double-charged under that system, which took time to sort out, I said (very politely) I'd rather pay as I went along which obviously displeased her and she referred the "problem" to a superior and we went through it again. In the end, I did not have to leave my card and my room key was slammed down on the counter. So no welcome or "enjoy your stay" - nothing. When I left one of the same women was on duty and when I handed my key in she managed to say "Thank you" before turning her back on me. Again, wishing me a safe journey or hoping I'd enjoyed the break might have been better. It's not really important to the holiday overall but I have rarely been so disconcerted by unfriendliness for no apparent reason. (I should also add that Fernando, I think his name was, in reception, was charming and helpful.)
Although most of the bars, cafes and restaurants in the area are closed in January there are a couple of excellent places to eat nearby and I would stay here again if I wanted a cheap winter break.

Room tip: I would definitely pay the extra for the sea view, which is lovely. Rear rooms I glimpsed had no balcony and looked dark and cramped.
1  Thank peregrine_10

Dear Guest
we thank you for staying with us and and it is good to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us.
We regret the situation you describe with the reception staff. Our staff is always friendly and attentive to our customers
We will find out what happened and correct this situation immediately so that it does not happen again
We hope to receive you again soon

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I arrived at 10:30 Saturday morning. Had a lovely welcome at reception. Hotel staff very friendly. My room was clean, neat and tidy. Housekeeping came daily to service my room.
I had several snack meals from the lounge menu. Service very good. Bar staff friendly. Prices very reasonable. Food fresh and tasty.
Had a buffet dinner in the restaurant. Very good, lots of variety, friendly staff. Highly recommended.
Also enjoyed a breakfast every morning. Large variety to choose from. Continental to fried foods.
I can highly recommend The Dom Jose Beach Hotel. Very clean and tidy. Excellent quality service.
I work at an hotel in the UK.

Room tip: I enjoyed my room on the 4th floor. Very quite. Was not Seaview. Seaview rooms are available.
Date of stay: January 2020
DomJoseBeachHotel, Diretor-Geral at Dom Jose Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest
It was our pleasure to welcome you and to know that you enjoyed your stay at Dom Jose Hotel
We hope to receive you again in the future

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

We stayed from 14th of December to 4th of January with our daughter and grandsons.
We arrived late night but we had some bottle waters and mixed cold snacks for us waiting.
We love Dom Jose. There’s kettle in the room and mini fridge. And free WiFi all round.
Restaurant staff are extra helpful and friendly. A big thank you to Fatima and Augusta and the rest of
the staff. Same with the Receptionist, Managements and cleaners. And don’t forget to treat yourself for
a massage. And a Gym access. Hotel guests are mostly regulars and familiar faces.
Perfect location in everything. Love to see The Sun Rise in the morning and sunset in the afternoon.
We usually stayed at the top floor and sea view.
Well recommended.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
DomJoseBeachHotel, Diretor-Geral at Dom Jose Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Dom Jose for your holidays, it is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay
We hope to welcome you again

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Stayed from 22nd of December 2019 til 5th January 2020. It was our second Christmas and overall this hotel is very good indeed. The restaurant food is good, especially the large and varied selection. Occasionally was not as hot as it could be, but just a couple of minutes in the microwave soon sorted it out. The salad, desserts and ice cream were amazing and the restaurant staff were first class. We had a sea view superior room and that was exactly what it was. Cleaned every day to a very high standard even if we were late going out, always done when we returned. The veranda and bar were amazing and so relaxing. Drinks were a bit expensive, but that is normal in an hotel. Plenty of little cheaper places about if you ventured out.We always hire a car and never had trouble parking nearby, but imagine it could be more difficult in the height of the summer. One small negative was the service in the bar, when the regular staff were not working, but just went to the bar and took the to our table ourselves. No hardship! Will definitely return if we are welcome

Room tip: Sea view above the 3rd floor, with a balcony. More expensive but worth it
Date of stay: December 2019

Thank you for staying at Dom Jose Hotel
Your opinion it is important it helps us to improve our services
We hope to receive you again in the future