“Big and clean rooms for a cheap price”

Pinhal do Sol Hotel
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Quarteira
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We went here with 4 friends and didn't expected too much because of the cheap price. We were supprised when we walked into the room, it was really big. We booked 2 double rooms and each room had 4 beds! The bathroom was either big and clean. The reception speaks decent English and was helpful. There was only (free) wifi at the reception area and at the rooms there was no internet at all. The restaurant was the building next door. There is a free shuttle service to the beach in Villamoure/Quarteira and the harbor of Villamoure. There is enough free parking space.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is a 3 star hotel, other than a few problems, like the children's park and the tennis courts, I would rate it a 4 star hotel, service was very fast and friendly, they made me and my family very welcome, the food was very good, only gripe is the veg was tinned, but what can I expect from a med country they don't grow veg, the room was large with tv fridge and kettle. I will be returning in the future and telling my friends about it.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Great holiday in Algarve. We were browsing the reviews about this hotel before our trip and found all kind of comments, so we didn't know what to expect for our budget. Over all we had a great time in the hotel. The taxi took 30 euros and 30minutes to get there from Faro airport.
Very very simple but extremely clean room every single day. Just perfect for this kind of holiday even though we had no fridge or kettle, but we didn't really care. The area of the hotel is quite big so we had to walk 5-6 minutes to get to the reception or the restaurant which was no problem at all for us. In front of our building we had a small pool with sunbeds, as most of the people didn't even know there is an extra pool there. I have to emphasise how quiet this area was.
The service was good but if you expect the same as in England you will be disappointed.They don't speak very good English, so be patient. You can find them rude sometime but we were happy because nobody were jumping around us if we want something in every five minutes. Jose was really cool on his on way.

The shuttle was a great thing but make sure you are on the spot before the announced time.

The breakfast was really great, I loved it every morning but don't go the last minute.

Thank you for everything.

If you stay this hotel I recommend you to try the Camilo(?)snack bar and also the Sakia village place has a very nice pizzeria and bar. Both of them 6 minutes by walk from the hotel.

On your first day ask for supermarket for water and other small things because on the busy places they will be extremely expensive.
When you go to visit places or different cities what I am highly recommend try to find a restaurant just out of the tourist zone, you can get very good quality of food there and even better service with cheaper prices.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank levhun
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed at the hotel and booked a tour with them to go to Lisbon and Seville using "follow me tours" we paid 36 euro each for Lisbon and 34 euro each for Sevillle tour. While we were on the coach other people told us they had paid half the price for the tour from their own hotels. I complained to the driver, he said its up the hotel how much they want to charge. I complianed to the hotel manager - as to why other hotels charged half the price for the tours - manager said it was up to the tour company (follow me tour) as to how much they wanted to charge. I asked for half the money back - but would not give it to me! So be careful when you book trips from this hotel - shop around!

Also the hotel is too far away from all the shops and is not easy to reach.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We ahve stays 4 nights at Pinhal do Sol , early June, and have had a very enjoyable stay. Hotel well runned, relaxing place, close to Vilamoura Marina and beach. Courtesy bus running regulary to Vilamoura Centre, Falesia Beach and Qaurteira Centre. For the price we paied in All Inclusive it a good value for the price we paied for.
We will come soon for longer period with all family.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The hotel was well worth the money which I paid for it, considering it only being a 3 star. The rooms were decent sized and clean, the layout of the hotel is very relaxing and cool.
The hotel surroundings overall is very cosy and peaceful. The staff their are very friendly and do deal with any enquiries that you may have straight away. One staff member seemed rude at first but a matter of fact that was the way her sense of humour was, when interacting with the guests. Overall I think no one will be disappointed with this choice of hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Harps065
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have been in the Hotel Pinhal do Sol in may and i loved the hotel is nice, helpful staff and friendly.
The hotel have a free mini bus going to the town quarteira and vilamoura.
I recomend this hotel becuase is absolut massing for holidays and very relaxing.
i will return back next year.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Black010, General Manager at Pinhal do Sol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review in Tripadvisor.

The management and staff are so pleased to hear you have enjoy your holiday with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Yours Sincerely