1,130 results
All reviews sea view bus station stayed all inclusive all inclusive package cheap break cleaned every day clean hotel half board plenty of choice sun loungers balconies prom faro nightlife
Reviewed February 26, 2017

I booked this hotel for a short adult break. Honestly it was not my first choice of hotel.
The hotel is honestly represented in it's website photos. It is very clean, tidy and efficient. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We checked in quite late on arrival and it was honestly the smoothest fastest check in I have ever experienced. The young lady even ordered us a pizza as we had missed dinner and we're unlikely to find anything else open.
The hotel is very close to the beach and the lovely promenade, but not too close to anything loud or disruptive. I found the surroundings to be very attractive.
The dining room is small but it is efficiently run and I found something enjoyable at every meal. The bar is only all inclusive until 10pm but is cheap after 10 so I really did not mind. 2€ for a large beer.
The rooms are very clean and airy. The bathroom was very nice and the shower, although it looked quite old was very good. There was plenty of hot water at a good pressure.
However. The down side that let the whole stay down for me. The rock hard beds. Brutal. I had read the reviews about the beds and as I have some fairly serious health problems I contacted the hotel via email and asked for a softer bed and extra pillows. They replied promising to do their best but they did not. I had the standard hard bed and lumpy pillows. Surely a mattress topper on one single bed was not an impossible ask?. As a result I did not sleep for 3 nights and did not enjoy my break. I have come home literally bruised and in agony. It is a real shame.
When I booked our holiday I had 'upgraded' to a 'superior' suite. I am not sure that the hotel actually had such a thing? . I booked through a company called Super Escapes that I found on ice lolly.com so I will be looking into that.

Room tip: The lifts are small and slow! Request a lower floor with a pool view for more sun and better views.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank amanda c
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Frankly, we're astonished how many low reviews Atismar seems to attract. In our very recent experience it is well-run, well-staffed with all the facilities one could possibly want. Most people opt for the "all-inclusive" option, which makes it amazing value for money.

OK, it isn't perfect, but it is a good hotel deserving at least its 3-star rating. Outside there is plenty of free parking, should you choose to hire a car (very inexpensive). The pool area seems well maintained and secluded with plenty of sun beds. The downstairs areas are comfortable, with free wi-fi which is adequately fast. The bar is open from 11am to midnight and can rustle up snacks too. The restaurant is a bit cafeteria-like and of the self-service variety, but there is always fresh salad and fresh fruit and a good choice of basic mains and desserts. The "all inclusive" house red or white wine is pleasant enough. Star of the show is the English-style breakfast (fried eggs, bacon, delicious fried tomatoes and beans) on alternate mornings, and is as good as you'll find anywhere. And being "all inclusive", seconds are no problem..!

The 10th. floor room we were allocated was quiet and freshly decorated with balcony and sea view. Unusually, everything worked. It was spotlessly clean with a really nice bathroom, adequate storage and a rather over-firm bed (or rather twin beds which could be nudged together). The absence of tea/coffee making facilities or a minibar were totally irrelevant with food & drink available 8am - midnight.

Finally, it is worth saying that the staff are excellent and most obliging, with the manager often on hand to make sure things ran smoothly.

All in all, what's not to like?

Room tip: The Atismar has 11 floors. The higher up you are the better chance of a sea view and the quieter your room will be.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert O
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Arrived room not ready ,came back two hours later ,room still not ready for another hour .beds comfy ,massive shower was great ,air con and heating good as was a little chilly for three days . Breakfast was awfull,not enough table space and no love put into it just bare basic , central location was good . Noise levels with roudy guests swearing and arguing was terrible . Early flight to leave not offered a breakfast doggy bag .you get what you pay for ,typical three star ,wouldn't stay again,

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2017

Was dubious about this Hotel, due to adverse comments here. BUT perhaps complaints have been listened to as although I did have two lumpy foam pillows I also had (seemingly) new 2 feather ones AND a good firm mattress! The cleaners also came every day and supplied clean towels (also newish) and toilet paper. Yes it needs updating and a bit of cosmetic work but the two best things about this place is the location and the Staff. Artur sorted me out a balcony and when I became ill during my second week Helder got Carlos (from the dining room) to take me to the nearby private Doctors. Most other 3-star Hotels would probably have have got you to make your own arrangements so this went beyond their call of duty. Being vegetarian I did find it difficult to find enough items during the 6 times I had an evening meal here but filled up with the freshly made and delicious soup. So for reasonable room rate, location and so-helpful Staff this Hotel cannot be faulted.

Room tip: The higher up the better views of the sea, except - course - for the ones facing the road!
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Booked this getaway (all inclusive) for my boyfriend as a valentine's day present. Reading the reviews on trip advisor before i got to the hotel made me really anxious because ppl made the place sound so bad. My experience was quite the opposite! We loved it, Beds we're firm but comfy, rooms extremely clean, staff very helpful and friendly. The food was nice although is was a little repetitive but there was variety of drinks for ppl who had all inclusive wrist bands. The hotel is VERY close to the beach which we loved, it also had wonderful views as me and my partner got a balcony room. Overall, the holiday exceeded my expectations. The only downside was the wifi which is only in public areas (lounge and reception) but otherwise we deffo get more than i paid for. I will deffo be returning!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple