“Two weeks holidays”

Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Quarteira
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Two weeks holidays”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

just back from to week stay ,all inclusive at the atismar, on the tenth floor great views of the sea.The hotel was clean and the the staff were great , the food was really good and wholesome, three main course choices for lunch and dinner, fish always on menu was great. We had a great holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ELLRAY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
UK
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I think this hotel was fine, clean, rooms were on the smallish side but adequate, view from the 11th floor was stunning but lower floor would have views of the building opposite. Furnished more like a business hotel room but I thought it was OK. Beds were fine, two singles pushed together and had to push them apart. There was only a shower and there was no hair dryer but soap, shower gel and shampoo was provided

Breakfast was poor, the ham cheap, the hot dogs were inedible, beans and mushroom tasteless; egg was nice and so was the bread rolls; no bacon. However if I were to stay at the hotel in future I would stay room only.

Beach was very close and so was a number of restaurants and cafes.

Staff were very friendly and polite.

Apart from breakfast the only other thing I could find to winge about is the lack of power points, but that is a minor issue that would not put me off booking this hotel again. The TV could only get one English channel

Room Tip: Book room only
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank mark-one
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Location very good as right by the beach, clean, ok service, some staff members were rude, room cleaned everyday, all inclusive is not all inclusive it's only between certain times with certain things not included to be honest it was pointless being all inclusive because we ate out more than we did in the hotel. Non alcoholic drinks were cheap and nasty unless you payed for them, then you got top brands. Food is not at a good standard, no flavour, quick easy meals, if you are fussy you will not like the food, all self service. Pool was closed the whole time we were here so We went to crowne plaza for the day to use the pool and spa there, was defiantly worth 20 euros for the whole day.

7 Thank Jessicakes88

Travelers are raving about these Quarteira hotels

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel all inclusive for a week from 9th march 2013. The hotel is basic but very clean. The majority of staff are brilliant, apart from the grumpy female receptionist, who sends you on a 25 minute hike to the nearest supermarket, when their is one across the road 100 yards away!
The room spotless and on the 8th floor we had afternoon sun and sea views.
Drinks average for a hotel so cheap, cost us about £21 each per day for all inclusive. Food, looks ok, is a bit repetative, but watch what you eat, nearly everyone who was their ended up with a loose tummy for a couple of days, which i think is due to the hot server not keeping the food hot or the cold server being cold enough, both out of the ark. Hotel pool was shut for maintenance, which was disappointing, small smoking terrace was our only outside space which in in the shade by about 2.00pm!

Room Tip: The higher rooms get the sun on the balconys in the afternoon and have great sea views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank nessie1203
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I can't fault this hotel for cleanliness and the standard of the rooms was more than fine. The location isn't the best, I'd rather of stayed in albufeira or vilamoura if I went again. The pool was closed most of the time we were there but wouldn't of gone in it anyway it didnt look very well maintained. The all inc bar isn't too bad you can have as many as you like until 10pm, the choice of drinks isn't the best but you have the standard spirits wine and beer. The bar has absolutely no entertainment, not even music playing. It was the most boring place on earth. Most people looked rather bored sat in there. The food was by far the worst I have experienced in my life. The manager even admitted to us that they buy the absolute cheapest of cheap meats that they can find! We also noticed that whatever was left from the day before a service was chopped up and added to a pasta or a salad the next day! The waiting staff look like they'd rather be anywhere else than serving you, so miserable don't think I saw a single smile off any of them. One lady on reception was very friendly and helpful, she's the only good part. I would never stay here again purely because of the dead atmosphere downstairs and the low low low standard of the food.

1 Thank tyler1990
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival to the atismar hotel we were a little early to book in so went to the bar ! They asked us to leave out bags in the office area. It was not very secure but we had our valuables on us!

The hotel beds were comfortable for myself as I like a harder mattress but as the bed wasn't a double me and my partner had to push them together and had the little issue of falling through the middle in the night !!!

Reception staff were RUBBISH! No help at all ! Good thing there is free wifi in reception and bar area only ! (NOT IN THE ROOMS) we found trip advisor very helpful in finding places

The all inclusive drinks were good ! Even tho we couldn't get a bottle if water untill 11am????

The food however was a little rubbish!! We found some lovely places to eat tho !! ( the joker, frogs pizza and the Chinese near the joker) - I feel a little cheated as we paid for the (as we called it ) SLOP

By the end of the week we noticed in the room the air conditioning was leaky and it was infested with silverfish - reception didn't understand that I meant by silverfish so I just left it as it was our last day we noticed!

All in all I won't go back here !! To the west of the beach the hotels looked a lot nicer so I will be checking these out next time

2 Thank Oliburr123
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for 4days,food dreadful drinks same hardly any choice on the drinks soft drinks eg coke was what they sell in supermarkets for 30plitre bottle,4 people while we there tried to get flights home,pool and outside area filthy,staff eg chambermaid very pleasant lovely lady and most of the other staff where fine,would never go back my friends and I go away every 3months for 4days, worse hotel we have ever stayed in,food couldn't actually make out what it was ,we had to get cab, and find somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quarteira
Dom Jose Beach Hotel
Auramar Beach Resort
Auramar Beach Resort
#69 of 154 in Albufeira
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,815 reviews

Been to Hotel Atismar? Share your experiences!