I have been at the resort for the opening week-end :
I can understand that :
- rooms have nearly no amenities,
- there are no bathrobes, no room service, no securitiy plan & prices pined in the room, no hotel directory, no paper pad with pen
- only one keycard for the room
- there is confusion at the reception (and a few mistakes in the invoice)
- the employees don't really know the premises, you get lost...no signs of direction at all
- the service is poor
- the spa employees are very nice (competent) but still lack of knowledge of the premises
I can understand that lot of rooms are not finished yet
I can nearly understand that the 350m2 annouced kids club is still inexistant yet
But I cannot understand that :
FOOD is so poor that you can coompare it to a 2 italian star hotel, it is outrageous.
No Menus for lunch (and poor Menu in the evening) They suggest pasta al ragout, pasta pomodoro, chicken breast, a poor fish filet without any side dish not even a potato or a decoration (first day served as Branzino, second day as Orata, but difficult to know what it is...no presentation of a fresh fish) a canteen buffet (see pictures), no salad dressing on the 2dn day, only olive oil & vinagar and wine wasn't cool enough. Servings are poor. Pasta served cold (not even warm), sent back, then boiling overcooked.
Bread : industrial tasteless slices (leftovers re-served in the evening under poached eggs
Saturday dinner : 3 slices of industrial roasbeef on 3 leaves of salad...
Breakfast is just a joke : no fresh bread, no toasts, industrial cereals in little plastic bag, scramble eggs on a plate (not in a hot egg container), no boiler for eggs (cooked eggs on a plate), no proper tee assortment (for exemple no green tee...), leftovers of bakery served the first day where re-served the next day.
BAR : Spritz : more water than Aperol and no Prosecco...served with industrial crackers and potato chips. No waiter bother to come to take orders around the pool. You have to go to the bar and once on two they don't bring the order to you at the deckchair...
Lack of respect for clients : On Sunday 4pm, we were asked to leave the main pool because they had to prepare the aera for a main event (Almar Golf Cup). Then, when we made the check out the "party" started with apetizers, delicatessen and champagne (probably a catering and not food form the hotel) flowing in stream (while we were fed with just basic 2 star food during the whole week-end). It is just outrageous.
We saw and hear other clients argue with the waiters. atmosphere was electric. We also talked to other dissatisfied clients.
Other incongruity : the Resort (in particular the Swimming Pool) is crossed by a PUBLIC bridge & path to the beach. Thus, you have a column of people going to the beach (mid morning and coming back end pm) stopping by, watching you and taking picture of you like in a zoo. As we had lunch, a couple with child, icebox and parasol even sat on the terrasse next to us, had a coffee and then continued to the beach...It was just a joke. NO PRIVACY, NO SECURITY.
I would say ALMAR faces 4 critical issues that should be fixed very quickly if they want to pretend to be a 5 stars resort & spa:
I sincerly hope ALMAR will be able to make things right because the complex is really nice and architecture is well done (except for the public path in the middle...). The SPA is fantastic as well as the Gym and the rooms are well done. Decoration of the restaurant is tasteful and the wine cellar is mouth-watering ! Hope they will be quick enough to adjust...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new concept in hospitality, a cutting-edge design, Jesolo's most luxurious Spa. Attention to details and exclusive amenities for an experience of cool elegance and personal well-being. Privacy, freedom and relaxation are essential values for this unique Hotel that aims to meet the requirements of contemporary well-being. The level of personalized services offered and designed to fulfill the guests' needs for relaxation and well-being, not to mention high-tech and business demands, are truly consistent with 5 star quality. Our goal is to offer a brand-new, comprehensive experience that will allow guests to make the most of their vacation by having full access to every comfort in an immediate and creative way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Almar Jesolo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.