“A very enjoyable stay at a great hotel!”
Review of Hotel D'annunzio

and 1 more site!
Hotel D'annunzio
Ranked #41 of 251 Hotels in Jesolo
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Good value hotel in a great central location. The staff were all friendly and the food choice is ok, not amazing but given the price to stay good value and acceptable.
The pool area is nice and private, although it's quite close to the road and the beach with it's private tables and sunshades are only a stones throw away.
The rooms are quite small but clean and typical of this resort.
The outside bar is a great place to sit and 'people watch' in the evenings.
Overall well satisfied with this hotel and would consider coming back here if coming to Lido de Jesolo again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Neil S
There are newer reviews for Hotel D'annunzio

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews on here i was a little unsure if i had made the right choice in booking this hotel, but from the greetings as we got off the coach to the farewell as we left we loved every minute ! There are a few things you should know - dining is ok nothing amazing and you gotta join the scrum for the toast machine in the morning and some tables seemed to be shared with other rooms but the service always was fantastic - room was small but both these points are expected from a 3 star in my view. The pool area was as you would expect and got the sun most of the day and the pool was used on all the days we were there - great place to chill with gentle tunes playing in the background. The location was excellent and the lounge/bar was a great place to sit and enjoy a spritz and people watch. The hotel has deckchairs on the beach but you have to pay €5 to use a sunbed or pay nothing and lie on the very well kept beach. If you are using the beach be prepared for the many many many beach traders selling sunglasses, towels etc etc if you ignore them they will just pass you by
Plenty of other restsurants and bars up and down the main street and the bus stop going into venice is just round the corner. I would certainly recommend the hotel and the outstanding team behind it that makes the D'annunzio a real gem in Jesolo full marks from me :-)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mike C
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Just returned from two weeks at D'Annunzio in Jesolo Italy.
We went for rest and family time and that's what we got plus a lot more.
I have stayed in 2,3, 4 and 5 star hotels around the world and this is without question my favourite 3 star so far.
The hotel has a very central location, is close to the huge beach and water park, and spitting distance from Shops, Bars, pubs and good restaurants.
The hotel is small to medium size well presented and very clean, it has a decent sized pool and good sun bathing areas.
It has very clean reasonable rooms, the view we had was a little disappointing over looking the rear car park but we could see the Alps in the far distance.
The restaurant is small and can get a little tight, but the food served is of good quality and even though I'd say it was only fair there is the odd gem served up.
The friendly bar which is part of the hotel is a fantastic place to chill and have a really good night, the drinks are well priced for the area. Look out for special deals, we had an massive pizza and a beer or a soft drink for 7 euro a couple of lunches.
Now for the reason it's the best 3 star ever the people.
The family that own and run this hotel are the most welcoming friendly fantastic people I have met on my travels.
The whole thing feels like a big family, the staff, the family and the guests it was amazing.
Special thanks to our chambermaid, to Muritizio and his wife Monica nothing was to much for them and always done with a smile, a chat and some joking.
Very special thanks to Ella what a fantastic lady always helping smiling and laughing, she d make our time so happy. Harry our son who has autism fell in love with the kindest, nicest, fun lady we have ever had wait our tables.
And finally to Brenda, I was captivated this is a very special lady with a take or two to tell.
She works hard, always helps nothing is to much trouble, she laughs and makes you feel so special.
I listened to her story's of life everyday and hung on every word, amazing women and host.
You people made us feel like friends and at times family thank you so much for the most memorable stay from Trevor, Sharon and as you called him our Harry, thank you for everything but most of all for how special you made Harry feel.
See you soon without doubt.

Room Tip: Look out for special and talk with the staff.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank trev34
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was a bit different to my usual holidays as I prefer city breaks and it's a long time since I went to one place for a full 2 weeks, but due to still recovering from illness, I wanted a relaxing break. This hotel turned out to be just what I needed. Yes, the rooms are on the small side, but think that's typical of the resort as a whole (and I only needed the room to sleep in). All the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful which created a relaxed, home from home atmosphere. Everyone eats together at 7 which helps creates the home from home feel. I enjoyed the food and it definitely met, if not exceeded, what you would expect from a 3 star hotel. The pool area was lovely and unlike a lot of Italian hotels the sun beds were free. Jesolo is a great place to use as a base for seeing other cities. I visited Venice twice and Padova on public transport and booked a trip to Verona and Lake Garda.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank tartan38
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Hotel D'Annunzio is by far the most friendly hotel we have ever stayed in. We stayed last week, just before the season really gets into swing, which suited us fine. We got a very good deal at the hotel as part of a Thomas Cook package.
The hotel is very clean, and the welcome from the owners and staff truly is second to none.The breakfast at the hotel is not brilliant but you have the option of upgrading by paying a couple of euros of so to have bacon and eggs as an extra. I thought that this was rather petty and penny pinching and would have been annoyed had I paid top price for the hotel. The dinners are ok with a chefs choice, but if you do not fancy what is on offer then you can choose from quite an extensive menu. The desserts are not up to much. If you want to buy lunch I highly recommend the what is available at the hotel as we found it to be very good and good value for money.
On the negative side, the room that we were given at the hotel was so small and cramped, it is the reason for my poor rating of this hotel. It was dreadful, extremely small and cramped with nowhere to hang any clothes longer than a shirt. Hard luck if you have long dresses or trousers to hang up. Again, if we had paid full price we would have been disappointed and would have complained. Thinking about it, we should have complained. We had not been to Lido Di Jesolo before and certainly would not return as we found that the beautiful beaches were marred by literally thousands of deck chairs and umbrellas as every hotel owns part of the beach. And worst of all there is not the main stretch is nothing but tat shops selling the same old rubbish. Apart from the resort being very handy for a trip to Venice, there is nothing to do except lie on the beach, sit by the pool or trawl round tat shops.

Room Tip: Avoid room 9 at all costs.
2  Thank Sandybags123
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just back from a week in D'Annunzio in Lido De Jesolo great friendly hotel, good family welcome form Mauricio and Brenda,and the lovely waitresses choice of mains for the evening meal, breakfast a bit busy but as it was served only till 9:00 missed it most days.Drinks and snacks are good value as is the resort in general

I have visited Lido De Jeselo 4 times over the last 40 years and this time I found a great improvement to the beach front and the roads making it a very safe relaxing place to visit and of course the big bonus of public transport to Venice.

1  Thank Arthur340
Reviewed May 27, 2014

just returned from this super family run hotel staff 100% focused on guests
spotlessly clean food basic but plenty of it we will defiantly return to this ideal spot on the flat and easy reach of the beach

2  Thank oldgrayseal