“Nice boutique-type family hotel”

Hotel Victoria Frontemre
Ranked #15 of 249 Hotels in Jesolo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice boutique-type family hotel”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Nicely run hotel located close to the beach. I stayed with my family of 2 small boys which was ideal being close to the seafront. The food was very good I reccommend the salad bar and the large selection of desserts. Overall a great palce to stay for an holiday in Lido Jesolo.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank iaiwils

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
DUBLIN
Reviewed September 21, 2010

my friends and I just came back from a week in this hotel. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hotel accommodation is really good, Food Fabulous, Staff wonderful so friendly helpful and professional. Right on the beach with own beds. Would recommend the people get the bus from airport and to the port to go to venice as taxis very expensive.
would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank PATSY32DULIN
Hull
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This was the 3rd time we have been to this hotel and this year was even better. This is a family run hotel and they bend over backwards to help you. It was my wifes birthday and for the evening meal they set up a table away from the dining area overlooking the beach.and at there expense provided a bottle of champagne. We had a lovely day topped up by that jesture. The food is first class choice of menu with an excellant salad bar and a choice of starters and main course. You always had about 6 choices of dessert. Food cooked fresh and served with a smile. Large choice for breakfast with a chef cooking omelettes every morning with your choice of fillings.

The room we were given had a superb view of the pool and beach but because of my wifes vertigo she could'nt stand on the balcony. This was no trouble we were moved to another room on the first floor within a couple of days. Luggage extra bags etc were moved by the staff and we were given the key when we came back to the reception.

Another feature we like is that when you go onto the beach for the first time, you are allocated a sunbed and that sunbed is yours for the duration. No putting towels on to claim. This certainley takes out any hassle of going onto the beach. The only downside for us was been pestered by the lucky luckly men but that certainley was'nt the fault of the hotel staff..

Rooms very clean and Sky Tv is available if you require it. Lot a kids there when we were there but I suppose you can hear babies cry anywhere you go. Although we did hear it it certainley hasnt put us off from going again. We were there for 10 nights and came away totally refreashed.

We like to walk up the prom and back doen the main street with shops / bars etc but if you dont like walking the hotel provides bikes. The hotel is situated near the campsite end of the prom.

One last point was that I went to the local bank and due to a faulty machine it kept my card. The hotel owner asked me to contact him if I still had a problem and I couldnt get any Euros and he would sort it for me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SpurBear
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Hotel staff were very friendly, we didn't have any problems with reception or parking. We didn't have any negative experience about the hotel itself.
Although the beach is very nice, sand is perfect, sea is very dirty. I was disgusted and didn't swim at all. So far that was the dirtiest water I've seen. Of course it has nothing to do with the hotel, all beach is same, but if you're considering a vacation there, you should consider it seriously.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Denver
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Our week at the Hotel Victoria was simply one of our finest family vacations of all time. The accommodations, staff, location, food and beach were all excellent. Lido de Jesolo offers everything you would want for a beach holiday and the easy ferry access to Venice transports you to world class art and culture in an hour.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank directedit
dublin
Reviewed August 8, 2009

great little hotel. Used a lot by italians and germans but that's not a problem. Kids are charged for at about 20 euro per day but the staff are really good with them... There's a 2 course kids dinner and breakfast included in this. Go half board not full as lunch is better value everywhere else in town.
Dinner choices are excellent and change daily. The food is great and you can buy a full bottle of wine or even water and whatever you don't drink is left for you for the next day. Incidentally the owner and his children eat in the dining room too. The pool is good for adults but a bit deep and cold for young children.
A good playroom in the basement and bike hire is free and easy here. The area is very flat so cycling is leisurly. Mosquitos are a big problem,..
Shop around for beauty treatments!
Hotel location is at one end of town so not a lot immediately available but it's a quieter area as a result.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
cocosm
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Hotel is smart enough right on beach and staff o.k. area quiet.
Thats the best of it. we booked our room through a booking agent, and we were given a price for a room for 3, on the booking form I made a note that one of the three was a child, this was booked in Feb.
A day after checking into the Hotel I was informed by reception that we would have to pay an extra 500 Euros ! because one of our party was a child, I explained that the room that I had booked was for three people, and I was given the price for the room. to no avail they demanded the extra cash, we had booked in and had nowhere else to stay, and quite frankly I feel extorted! to add insult to injury, on the day we were leaving our flight was not going until 8pm, and they asked us for 30 euros for the use of the pool and showers for the day! after a bit of negotiation they relented , how Kind!
I am now going to have to try and reclaim the money from the Booking agent, it has ruined our Holiday,

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family