“New Management, nothing but decor and high prices are the same”
Review of Lido18

Lido18
Reserve with
Lido18 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 363 Restaurants in Jesolo
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Imagine being in a dream.
Rome, Italy
“New Management, nothing but decor and high prices are the same”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Sadly, I discovered on a trip to Jesolo last week that the restaurant is under new management (and clearly a new chef) as of a month ago. It was the best meal and service I had anywhere In Jesolo last summer, with a great ambiance created by the staff, nice soft jazz music, a delight of incredibly complex and delicate flavors, outstanding quality and gorgeous presentation, but was a complete disappointment this time. In the middle of the lunch hours, my friend and I were the only ones in the place, the music was way too loud and nothing felt right. We had decided to take a chance once the waitress told us about the new management when I asked about the menu being completely different, having ridden our bikes a ways to get to it for the express hope of another outstanding experience. We wish we hadn't taken the chance, but at least we had knowingly decided not to order much at their very high prices and that was a blessing. The food was average at best, nothing interesting or particularly well or delicately prepared, in complete contrast to last year when the creative, talented and inspired owner was managing it. It seems they are riding on the reputation and high prices of the old management but it's not warranted in any way. I hate to be so negative but it was a complete disappointment, waste of money, and by far the worst meal of my trip this year and I won't go back.

• Visited May 2013
Jessicalido18, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Lido18, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am very sorry to receive these comments that destroy the enthusiasm that every day we get to have good results.
We do not care to ride on the reputation of previous management or their prices. Behind the menu, there is a study on the quality and consequently on prices. We use raw materials, not frozen or pre-cooked.
If you are not found well in our locale it does not mean that people before you (in 2 weeks) have not recognized our efforts.
Hope you will visit us on an other trip in Jesolo.

Lido18

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Fantastic atmosphere, great service and wonderful food. The vegetarian tasting menu is wonderful, also for a budget option, the pizzas are great. The wine list is extensive and the Sauvignon Blanc is one if the best we have ever had.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fab-u-lous!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

One of the best restaurants I have ever been in, the food is wonderful, the style and ambience sensational and Alessandro is a handsome and charming host, with some lovely waiting staff.
We visit at least 6 times every year and enjoy it every time. It's a chance to get dressed up and have a glamorous night out in a holiday resort.
Thank you all at Lido 18!

alex72jesolo, Direttore at Lido18, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear July,

thank you soo much for your wonderful, unforgetable words. I take it all in my hart.

I hope to see you soon,

Alessandro & Staff Lido18
Villafranca di Verona, Italy
“What a beautiful restaurant-highly recommend it!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Having lived in Italy, this was one of my favourite spots in Jesolo. What a beautiful, romantic atmosphere, very elegant and the art work presented in the restaurant always catches my eye. The owner is super friendly, service always great. Their pizza is excellent, definitely recommend this place.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Salsaa
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lido 18 is well worth a trip!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went twice to Lido 18 and loved it. The food was excellent and the staff spoke enough English for us to order what we wanted.

I know most restaurants in the lido di jesolo serve pizzas, but theirs looked enormous.

1 Thank jackie a
alex72jesolo, Direttore at Lido18, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
for your great opinion. We are happy to know that you like our location and food.

We hope to have you back soon at Lido18.

Yours