“Blackpool ????”

Ranked #78 of 252 Hotels in Jesolo
burton on trent
“Blackpool ????”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Booked this before I checked it on trip advisor !.
After reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor I thought what have I done ! When we pulled into Jeslo I thought yes it's like Blackpool and I was gutted this is not for me.
Well was I in for a shock it's actually nothing like Blackpool !!! Yes there are the shops selling the beach and tourist stuff, and a few arcades ! The rest are mix of high end shops quality restaurants and some very good bars.
As for Harry's I paid £1425 for 3 of us half board in the middle of the school holidays and I must admit I was a little bit concerned that it was cheap, a good standard caravan would of set me back from £800 -£1200 in parts of Cornwall .
The rooms are basic but spotless , the food was of a good standard with a varied menu day to day you had to per order the night before but not a major problem for us , you could change what you wanted if you didn't like what was on offer or even change it for lunch if you wanted to eat out .
The one thing I would say is eating can be a very quick process as soon as you've finished your rather substantial starter the main course is out , so I would suggest that you take your time over your food!.
It takes a couple of days to get used to the Italian manner if you've never been to Italy before which we hadn't they come across as abrupt and a little bit rude but believe me there not far from it they can not do enough for you at this hotel all you need to do is ask !
They close the road at 8pm and the whole resort changes it fantastic just look out from the bikes but you don't see drunken yobs causing trouble , no one throwing up in the middle of the street ! Turn right out of Harry's up to the next sq and there was Latin dancing with old and young joining in you don't get that in Blackpool , turn left and walk the other way and there are lively bars.
Trip to Venice ! We did it on our own its so easy go across to the paper shop just over the road and to the left of Harry's and you can but a ticket for €23.50 each bus and ferry ticket and the water buses in Venice, the tour trip was by Thomas cook was I think about €63 each, the no5 bus to port is at the back of Harry's it takes you to the port 30 mins away when you get on the bus you must validate your ticket hold it up to the machine until it beeps the same with the ferry before you board again 30 min trip ! Also validate it on the Water buses.
One word of warning !!!!!! At 7am just before we where about to leave I went down to the beach with. My son for one last look and got chatting to a guy who said he worked on the beach he gave my son a couple off postcards and then asked me for a English penny for his collection ( he had a hand full a different coins fron various countries )! I feel such a fool it was so early in the morning and got my wallet out and as I went to give him a penny he said no I want a new one and as he tried to show me past a post card over my wallet and took a note out of it but I caught him !! He tried to sat it was an ilusion it wasn't he tried to rob me!! So please don't fall for any tricks never get your wallet or purse out in these circumstances I pride myself on being alert but I almost got caught out at that time of the morning also don't buy off the street peddler s you can get a fine if caught!!
After saying all that please don't lat that put you off that's happens anywhere you just need to be carefull and don't forget your in holiday mode !
Conclusion I wouldn't think twice about a holiday at Harry's or lido de jeslo and will return !.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back it's less noisy !
7 Thank smith123Smith123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here, I was a little apprehensive about our stay. It was, however, excellent. It is a 3 star hotel, and I would say that the food and service are most certainly 4 star. The beach is literally 60 seconds walk from the hotel, free to use and spotless. We have a 17 month old baby and the staff were so helpful it was a pleasure to stay there. Sergio and his family work long hours, but were always on hand, smiling and helpful to attend to every need. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the food is excellent, and the bar is simply lovely. As soon as you have a query or request it is dealt with straight away. The air conditioning, fridge and safe deal for 60 euros is a good deal. Yes, the rooms may be a tiny bit small, and the showers are poor, but remember, it is 3 star. If you're travelling with young children or teenagers, this hotel will be perfect for you. There were also lots of older couples who also said they were perfectly happy with it. Most of the other guests seemed to have returned there year after year and we could see why. Overall, lovely hotel, perfect service, charming fellow guests and a great holiday.
As for Lido itself, it is quite expensive we found, and it might be an idea to stock the fridge from the supermarket for drinks.

3 Thank Bookworm4409
West Mids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

If a B and B on Blackpool's Golden Mile of the 80s is your cup of tea you will love this friendly little home from home. It even has plastic flowers for that final nostagic touch. Come out of the front door and your on the "golden mile", walk right and within a few yards your on the sea front.
Sergei and his family prioritise good service and the pool and dining room are small enough for guests to be on first name terms with each other in no time. Meals, which mainly consist of pasta and pizza dishes, are served fresh and hot by very friendly waiters. 60euro will get you a week of air conditioning, a TV with one english news chanel, a small safety deposit box and a tiny fridge. The "wet room" is small enough to allow you to shower while you pee (about 3' x 4') and bedrooms, like most in this region, are cramped with a juliet balcony. It scores 11 out of 10 for effort but we struggled to see how it achieved three stars in its current state of decor and repair. The pool is desperstely in need of attention to make it safe. Our grandchildren's feet were cut and blistered on broken tiles, as were those of other guests, and our grandaughter and her friend both caught their hair in grills.
Access for disbled people is poor within the hotel . The only lift is too small for wheelchairs and the ceramic bathroom floor is dangerous when wet. However, if you can walk a little the pool has wide steps making it relatively easy to get in with a bit of support from a friend.
I have difficulty walking and found it impossible to hire a mobility scooter anywhere in Venice or Jesolo I did find an international company who charge £279 for 7 days. Wheelchairs can be hired fairly easily though. Pavements are very uneven in Jesolo and dropped curbs don't match up. The pedestianisation of the main street at 8pm, does not prevent hundreds of bicycles comeing at you from all directions . I would not recommend the Lido De Lesolo area for anyone with walking difficulties.
It goes without saying that Venice is almost impossibe unless you are a tough cooky. I did it on foot and it was worth every painful step!

Room Tip: We requested two adjacent rooms and we got them.
2 Thank Carol H
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just returned from an excellent week at Harrys.When we first saw the room for two adults and two teenagers we thought it was a bit small,however we didn't go to spend time in a hotel .The hotel itself was great immaculately clean and great choice of food which was delicious .Sergio and his staff were very kind and pleasant ,the swimming pool was clean and all areas well kept. Great area to catch the bus and vaperto from behind the hotel to venice ,also went to Verona to the opera ,Verona definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank Helenlayden
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked this as a value break and were very surprised at the fantastic quality of the hotel. It is a proper family run hotel and nothing is too much trouble. The owner, Sergio, is there from early morning to last thing at night to assist you. He speaks fluent English and German as well as Italian and seemed to get by in Russian and other languages too ! The choice of meals was good and if you didn't fancy what was on the menu they would prepare you anything you asked for. You are allocated your own table for your stay, so you can go and dine when ever you want, no waiting for a table at busy times. Some couples shared tables, but this turned out to be really good as we made lots of friends and have kept in touch since we returned. A lovely touch, I thought,was that Sergio came to the coach on our departure to bid farewell to all his guests.
The resort is ideal for couples or families. As it is very flat it's also good for the elderly or people with mobility problems. The beach and sea front is 11km long and looks very much like Miami. Lots of shops from Armani to holiday souvenir shops and numerous bars and restaurants. The local ice cream parlours are NOT to be missed. Venice and the Lakes are all within a day trip distance , although its probably better to. Choose a slightly cooler time.

Room Tip: There's not much to choose between rooms as the area is quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SusieB060
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We first went to Harry's in 1993 and have been several times since. This year we went as private customers rather than through a tour company - and decided to drive there. Still not sure whether this was brave or just plain foolish! On the morning of our departure, we had driven about 15 miles when we became enveloped in black smoke being emitted by our car. We decided to turn back and return to Harry's to call the RAC. What a blessing it was that we had stayed in this hotel! Sergio found us a room for the further 6 nights that we then had to remain whilst the fuel pump of the car was replaced. On the only night that he could not accommodate us, he found us alternative hotel provision and then we returned to Harry's the following morning. He and his family could not have been more kind and helpful as we tried to sort out our car problems. We are enormously grateful for all that was done to assist us. The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable; the staff are excellent. Everyone is very friendly and they speak pretty good English - a boon when you are in a fix! Dining room and meals are very pleasant. The food is well cooked and well presented. Professional, charming, speedy service. Breakfasts are a little limited in variety but perfectly adequate and you can eat as much as you wish. Yes, you do need to include extra in your budget for air-conditioning and a fridge, but those facilities can make a world of difference to your holiday and are worth saving up for. Over the years much has been done to develop a lovely swimming pool area with plenty of sun-loungers and umbrellas. Lido di Jesolo is a great resort (but take heavy duty insect repellent to conquer the mosquitoes)and we would not wish to go to any other hotel. If you are looking for 3-star accommodation, you couldn't do much better than Harry's. Very highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank PatandChristopher
Derry, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you are planning to visit Venice I would recommend that you stay here and use this as a base as it's a lovely change from the hustle and bustle of Venice to the relaxing beach resort of Lido de Jeselo. To get into Venice couldn't be easier - get a bus around the corner to the Port and then a waterbus into Venice. We also visited Verona and Lake Garda - lovely!The staff in Harry's hotel were very friendly and helpful. Their customer service is excellent - nothing is too much bother. The evening meal was a set menu. The pasta starters were always a winner (not forgetting the ice cream for dessert!). You could change from the set menu if you wanted - we never did and weren't disappointed with the variety of Italian food on offer. On a few occasions when we were out and about we changed the evening meal for a packed lunch which was handy.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced onto the side street - it was quiet and we could see the sea from the balco...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple