All reviews cooking class outdoor gym our honeymoon family suite cooking school boutique hotel dirt road three nights garden room tuscan countryside wine list italy trip tiramisu pasta every morning very special place cooking course
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent 5 nights at Villa Bordoni this past September and it was plain and simple a perfect experience. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out, we were delighted by our experience.

Each member of the staff were warm and friendly, the food at the restaurant was wonderful and reasonably priced, the wine list was long and full of interesting wines to sample and finally our room overlooking the garden was nicely appointed, comfortable and full of charm.

Villa Bordoni was the perfect place to explore Tuscany from and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to be back on our next trip to the area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Staff was exceptional. We stayed in the two bedroom villa. The bed, sheets and pillows were perfect. The bathrooms were wonderful with great towels and amenities. The rain shower was fabulous.

Breakfast was included and to sit on the deck with an espresso and the views really got the day off to a great start. The restaurant was also amazing.

We also went to the hotel's other two restaurants in neighboring towns and both were really memorable. Wife and daughter took their cooking class in Panzano and the dinner produced was outstanding.

The closest town is Greve which was wonderful and we were fortunate to be there during the Greve wine festival. What a treat

If staying here, you must have a car. The Villa is half way between Florence and Sienna and all of the little towns in between are worth a visit.

The Villa Bordoni is a gem.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I can’t stop thinking about our amazing time at Villa Bordoni. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted very warmly by Alice, who made the check-in process seamless. (Prior to check in the email exchanges were timely, helpful and friendly- I knew we were in for a special experience).

We loved the villa from the moment we arrived. The renovations were brilliant – they had made updates so the villa was modern enough and accommodated guests’ need (there was wifi, air conditioning – which was key and sometimes hard to find in Europe), but didn’t take away from the charm and authenticity. It was very impressive. And each room was charming, lovely with special accents (perfect mini bar, luxurious toiletries, nice skylight, etc). We also loved the book/game/reading room. My fiancé enjoyed several hours reading his book there.

The restaurant was absolutely fantastic. We had one of our best dinners in Tuscany there – I can’t stop thinking about our meat dish, pastas, wonderful wine list…. There were five in our party and each dish was delicious. And they were always accommodating – with drinks and lovely wines at any time. And their breakfasts were a real treat to wake up to.

The swimming pool was beautiful. I only regret that we didn’t have enough time there. On our next stay I’d like to spend much more time and it was very relaxing – a true luxury.

David, the proprietor, also gave us a fantastic cooking class in a nearby village. We spent the afternoon preparing a feast and drinking many bottles of fabulous wine, and made our own pasta, a mouth-watering peasant stew and tiramisu. David was a culinary master, but also very warm and friendly. It was SO much fun – our whole party will never forget that day. As part of the cooking class, they served our meal sitting outside at a lovely table overlooking a quaint square. It truly was a magical day/night.

We were very sad to leave and wished we could have stayed longer.I could go on, there were so many exceptional things about Villa Bordoni but David, the owner, stood out as a big part of our wonderful experience. (I first met him as I went to get a glass of wine for the pool. He was so warm and friendly, I didn’t realize he was the owner I was getting my drinks from!). And our day with him at the cooking class will also stand out as one of the best times we had. We really were gutted to leave and say goodbye to our Villa Bordoni family.
I can’t wait to come back and stay longer. I’m counting the days…

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the most wonderful stay here at Villa Bordoni! Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and not to mention, the food and amenities were outstanding! Our cooking class was so much fun and we enjoyed dining with our new cooking friends later that evening - the food was fabulous and so was the company! We made reservations for dinner the next night and it did not disappoint! Breakfast was wonderful too. We couldn’t have asked for a better honeymoon! Thank you!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Villa Bardoni is located on the side of a mountain in Greve in Chianti. The views are like heaven on earth. Quiet, quant with beautifully appointed rooms. The cuisine is of the highest quality and the chef is both traditional and modern in his approach to food. Many ingredients are grown on the estate. A wonderfully relaxing place to recoup after Florence and wine tasting. Do not miss the cooking class. The people we met and shared the meal with made it fun and memorable. Staff and owner were gracious and accommodating in every respect. Loved our double rain shower and lazing by the pool.

Date of stay: October 2018