“Loved our time at Villa Bordoni” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Bordoni
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Greve in Chianti
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Loved our time at Villa Bordoni”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We just spent three nights at Villa Bordoni and wish we could have stayed longer. It was absolute heaven - beautiful room, grounds are lovely (including a pool), the owners and staff were so friendly and helpful, and the food was so yummy! Will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We loved the room Zano - we stayed there with two adults and two children.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I just returned from a three day stay at Villa Bordoni. It was an excellent experience. Our room, the family suite, was spacious and perfect for our two young children (ages 8 and 4). The villa was well maintained and the decor was the perfect touch of Tuscany. The views from the villa were breathtaking. My son has many allergies and the staff made ever accommodation necessary. They provided him with a variety of food for both breakfast and dinner. The service, staff, and location was better than any five star hotel I've been to. My husband and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: For families traveling with children the Family Suite is the best. It has a separate living room wi...
1 Thank Ruddyrocker
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

There are not many places like Villa Bordoni in the world. It's a stunning hotel, in a magical location, with an extraordinary team running it.

The villa has been restored beautifully and the rooms are spacious and fitted out well. It's in a great location to explore Chianti, but on a nice day it's hard to leave the pool, overlooking the rolling hills dotted with vineyards and olive trees. The food was delicious and had a wine list that was equally impressive.

What really makes Villa Bordoni stand out though is the team running it. The staff genuinely care that their guests enjoy their stay and go out of their way to make sure all your needs are met. There is no question as to whether I will stay at Villa Bordoni again, it is just a matter of working out when.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I loved Villa Bordoni; the way it was restored and decorated was just what we were looking for. The breakfast was top notch and it wasn't far from Greve. However, the negatives were the drive on the long one-way road and the spider problem. There were a lot of small spiders with webs in every corner, and a few large spiders. I even opened my closet to see that a spider had spun a web all over my nice dresses ( I saw it scatter away as I opened the closet door). Granted, I didn't tell the staff, so maybe they would have been more responsive if I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank 975jamiea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a magical stay. We had a private local driver, so the place wasn't complicated to find, I would imagine it might be if we were driving ourselves. I travel a lot, and I'm not sure if I have ever taken the time to write a review, but I had to write one for this place. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and very clean. The food was delicious, the wine selection was divine, but what we were most impressed with was the service. Katherine, David, Farida, and especially HUGO were just amazing. On a daily basis- Hugo would go out of his way to make sure that ALL our needs were met. We will surely return, and highly recommend the place. I travelled with son, sister, brother, niece, and nephew.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Saraaries
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our fourth stay in six years, and we will keep coming back to Villa Bordoni. Catherine, David, Ricardo, Ugo, Zabban and all the staff go the extra mile to make your stay truly unforgettable. The views and walks are achingly beautiful, the food is excellent, both at breakfast and during the day, and the beds some of the most comfortable we have found in Italy. Book early, every room has its specific charm, and prepare to be pampered. Arrivederci a tutti!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gariemTexas
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spend 2 days at the Villa and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff is so attentive, the food is great, the view is breathtaking. We did the cooking class and had lot of fun and learned a lot. We are counting the days until we can go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Castello Vicchiomaggio
#3 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
4.5 of 5 stars 398 reviews
Castello del Nero Boutique Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Boutique Hotel...
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
4.5 of 5 stars 514 reviews
Villa Le Barone
Villa Le Barone
#1 of 5 in Panzano in Chianti
5.0 of 5 stars 425 reviews
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
5.0 of 5 stars 579 reviews
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 16 in Radda in Chianti
4.5 of 5 stars 468 reviews
Castel Monastero
Castel Monastero
#4 of 11 in Castelnuovo Berardenga
4.5 of 5 stars 461 reviews

Been to Villa Bordoni? Share your experiences!