All reviewscooking classoutdoor gymour honeymoonfamily suitecooking schoolboutique hoteldirt roadthree nightstuscan countrysidegarden roomvery special placeitaly triptiramisuwine listevery morningpastacooking course
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to stay here on the spur of the moment...and what a beautiful experience it was! I don't think we can add very much more to the wonderful comments and reviews of other guests, but we do want to say some words about Hugo. This man is a dream employee for any employer. He has charm, wit, worldy knowledge and an ear to the ground. He almost seems to know what you want before you say anything. Also due to Hugo, we are still drinking Pomerol spritzers at home in Brisbane...our new sunset drink!!

Should we ever find ourselves in Tuscany, we would most certainly try and stay at Villa Bordoni. This is a destination for all types of guests, from newly weds to the travel weary. It raises your spirits, but rests your soul. If you can afford to spend more than a few nights here, that is fantastic...for those who can't, please try and stay for at least the one night...it is most definitely worth it.

Thank you very much Hugo and staff.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I’ll echo everything the reviewer before me said about this magical place. With the exception of the cooking class, which my wife and I did NOT take, and we regretted it after chatting with other folks who were staying at Bordoni when we were there.

The place is just tranquility, pure and simple. Beautiful, spacious elegant rooms. Picturesque grounds. A staff that is both courteous and friendly, but also knows the balance of when to let you sit and enjoy your privacy. You check in at Bordoni and you feel yourself relaxing instantly.

One NOTE that many travelers I think will be interested in. We did NOT rent a car on our trip to Italy (we live in NYC and do not drive very often and did not want the hassle). We relied on car services arranged by our various hotels. Villa Bordoni was the BEST in this regard. They hired a driver for us, Sandra, who was absolutely wonderful. Not only did she pick us up from our hotel in Montepulciano to take us to Greve, but she took us to Wineries and into town and showed us all the sites along the way. Point being if you aren’t renting a car you should still find your way to Villa Bordoni. It is more than worth the trip, and their front desk is so very capable of making sure you get where you need to be and enjoy every moment of the journey.

The restaurant alone is reason enough to stay here. Delicious food, an amazing wine list, and ambiance like you wouldn’t believe. We ate their both nights of our stay and wished we could have stayed longer to give it one more round. Yes, it is that good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. It was easily the best place we stayed at on our trip to Italy. If you're planning on going to Tuscany you should definitely stay here and structure your trip around this place.

Ambience. The best thing was the ambience of the Villa. There are only a handful of rooms -- so we got to know everyone staying there. And we got to know the staff. We'd see them at breakfast and have long conversations with them. It felt like a family home almost.

Cooking Class. Actually, I think the best thing we did was take the cooking class that they offer on the first day that we got there. Through the class we got to know the kitchen staff and all the other people staying at the villa. We all ended up having dinner together and hanging out for a long time afterwards. And then at breakfast every morning. It's expensive at 150euro per person -- but that comes with the class -- thats almost 4 hours long -- and a full four course meal afterwards. Not to mention all the wine you can drink. Well worth it. In fact, I would say the cooking class at Villa Bordoni was the highlight of our Italy trip. The cook -- Colin -- is a great teacher, letting us get hands on with everything -- and a total professional that knows everything about food. Do it. You won't regret it.

Location. The villa is set on the side of a hill above the city of Greve in Chianti. The views all around are ridiculous. Vinyards, mountains, green grass, olive groves, little villas and castles poking above the landscape. Classic Tuscany. This is what you think of when you think of Tuscany. Away from it all. I went on a run in the morning through vineyards and olive tree orchards. Where else can I do that? The one negative I'll say is that it's really hard to find the place. My recommendation is to NOT use your GPS. They are crap here. Just follow the signs up from Greve. And VERY IMPORTANT -- do NOT try to drive up here at night. Make sure you get back to the Villa by daylight. We made the mistake our second night and it took us awhile to find our way back to the Villa. Actually, forget the Villa -- it took us a long time to find our way back to Greve. The roads in Italy are not signed well and are hard to follow even when you are on them. Do yourself a favor and don't drive at night.

Rooms. The rooms are really nice. I would call them country chic. We splurged a little and got the Junior Suite at the Villa. It was spacious and airy. Big comfy bed. TV and high speed internet free everywhere. The bathroom was extremely nice. A work of art with old tile work melded with a modern shower stall, sink, and toilet. There's a DVD player in each room as well and they have a nice collection of DVDs you can borrow to watch. Kind of fun to watch while going to sleep.

The Restaurant. I'll write another review of the restaurant, but i'll mention it here again. We ate at the Villa every night. The food is the best we had in Italy. The cook, Colin, is amazing. Fresh food, prepared right there, at very reasonable prices.

Go there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Villa Bordoni is a wonderful place!! The location above Greve in Chianti amid vineyards and olive groves is so peaceful. I loved driving up the bumpy road through the vineyards to reach the hotel. The staff was wonderful. My wife and I loved seeing Farida's smiling face when we would come back from our most recent adventure. The restaurant is fabulous. Breakfast is beautiful looking out over the garden. The rooms are very large and nicely decorated. I cannot say enough good things about Villa Bordoni.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wow!!! Villa Bordoni is one of the most incredible traveling experiences I have ever had. My partner and I stayed two nights in the middle of our two week Italian vacation and it was a much needed restful stop on a very regimented tour.

The estate is on a hilltop overlooking Greve and the Chianti countryside. Spectacular views are everywhere. It is a very quiet peacefull location with beautifull gardens with lounge chairs to relax and read a book or take a nap. The pool is beautiful, but too cold in October for this Florida boy.

We reserved the junior suite with the loft and an amazing six head rain shower. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. The rooms are all updated, but the design still keeps that old farmhouse charm. Very tasteful and comfortable.

There is no need to leave the property for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You are not going to find a better menu or better value in Greve. A delicious breakfast is provided every morning with excellent and friendly service outside on the patio overlooking the countryside. We did lunch on the patio both days and ordered from the refreshing and delicious lunch menu.

Dinner at the restaurant needs it's own reveiw. It is an amazing experience. David and Nicholas provided excellent service. Chef Colin and his staff of super-talented sous chefs provided an incredible culinary experience. Though we never met the kitchen staff the open kitchen allowed us to see the hardwork and dedication throughout the day that goes into providing a flawless meal. we thank you.

We attended the cooking course when we first arrived and it was an experience of a lifetime. At first i was on the fence about attending the cooking class because i wasn't sure if it would be for me. I am so glad i did and i would go as far as to say that it is a must if you are staying at Villa Bordoni. Chef Colin is a genius and and artist. It was pleasure and a privilege to attend his class and he plans menus that we are able to make back home and we will. The cooking class also allowed us to meet and make friends with other guests at the hotel. We all ended up eating together that night what we prepared that day. We met friends that we will surely stay in contact with. Beware, the wine (very good wine) flows generously during the class and afterwards thru dinner. Take it from me...pace yourself : )

The owners Katherine and David were most gracious and welcoming. We also had lunch and dinner at thier restaurant in Florence, Baldovino.

Farida and Ricardo were very accommodating and helpful at the front desk. Farida was able to help me with transfers from Florence (Antonio is the best driver) and she provided us with mountain bikes for exploring and gave us great suggestions for sight seeing by bike (she even helped me put air in the tires : )

I can go on forever, but see for yourself. Villa Bordoni is an experience to remember in an enchanting setting. Thanks to the entire staff for a wonderful stay. RE

1  Thank robe888