“Frendly warm atmosphere -so much Toscana”
Review of Il Santo

Il Santo
Reviewed June 12, 2013

As estimated we came back again in may 2013. We had again a very nice and long stay even that the temperatures this year was a bit on the low side , but the heating system in the appartment made a good compensation for the chili evenings. We can't wait to come back.
Kirsten and Niels

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Il Santo in May 2013 in il Fienile apartment. It was absolutely perfect. The views were breathtaking and the accomodations modern yet retaining of rustic farmhouse charm. Alessandro was an absolutely delightful host, truly concerned about making our stay a perfect one. And it was. Il Santo is the type of place you won't want to leave. It was my favorite of all the places I've ever stayed in Italy. I will definitely return, and hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hwy111
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at Il Santo a year or so ago. I have not written a review yet because honestly I could not think of how to put my experience into words. It was the most exquisite experience between the beautiful views, lovely quaint villa, and impeccable service/privacy. Alessandro has become a dear friend of mine and we still keep in touch via email. He cares very deeply about making your stay as flawless as possible. He will go the extra mile (or 40 quite literally - he came to pick me up from the hospital at 4am in Florence) to ensure the visit is easy, relaxing and disrupted by nothing.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I spent a week, from 27th July to 4th August at the Fienile apartment at Il Santo.

We are used to spending one or two weeks in the Chianti area each Summer, in various agitrusimi, and this is truly the most pleasant we have found.

Not only is Mr Turchi an exquisite host, always available and helpful, but the Fienile apartment is the cutest possible place; Not only is it well-equipped, but the view from the terrace is breath-taking on the vineyards and olive groves, with Panzano in the distance.

Another tremendous asset lies in the swimming-pool (just 20 yards from il Fienile !...), with its panoramic view.

At a stone's throw from Greve (a 2-minute car ride), this place is absolutely outstanding, with an excellent price/quality ratio.

When we were there, Mr Turchi tested the Wifi, so you no longer have to go his office for that.

Really, I keep scratching my head for any downside, but I see none...

Shall we return ? Well, I just wish I could live there...

Room Tip: Il Fienile is a perfect, small house close to the swimming-pool, and recommended for couples.
2  Thank JeanJacquesBUCHON
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very nice place. Beautiful pool and lovely surroundings. Would absolutely stay again. The owner is very nice and helpful. In July it is very hot and without AC it is difficult to sleep. Excellent value for your money, it feels like you have the place all to your self during the day when no one is around.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had a fabulous 5 night stay here. The location is great; rural and quiet yet very close to Greve with its shops and restaurants.

Alessandro is a great host, greeting us on arrival with a bottle of his wine. He stays out the way but is on hand if you need anything and does his best to help. He allowed us to access the Internet in his office, looked into taxis and lent us an iron...

The apartment allowed us to be self sufficient and the pool area was fantastic for relaxing. We'd definitely stay here again if we came back to Tuscany. The price was very reasonable too!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our stay in 2012 was with 2 friends . They where visiting Il Santo for the first time but will be back also. Rooms - pool and garden are nice and clean . The owner , Allessandro, is doing everything to have his guest feel comfortable . Very friendly and serviceminded attitude. We would like to give Il Santo our best recommandation.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends