This was a beautiful place to stay with comfortable, warm beds, nice new bathrooms and unbelievable views. The good thing to know about finding this place is that there is a hotel with a similar name outside Greve (Vinniomaggio) and that you need to go another kilometer or so to Greti to find Vicchiomaggio. Another helpful thing is that if you go in March, there aren't many tourists yet and many things are closed until April. Still, this was a magical place, as was all of Italy. Oh, also, when you rent a car to drive in Tuscany, it is almost always standard transmission and to get into reverse you have to push a button and pull up on the gear shift. This isn't explained and took us half a day to figure out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Vicchiomaggio (Vicchiomaggio Castle), one of the most beautiful and well-preserved castles in Tuscany, immersed in a park of more than 130 hectares, is an elegant holiday farm, a perfect location for wedding receptions, meetings and events organisation, as well as a renowned wine estate.Located in the heart of Chianti, it is a jewel nestled among hills, and a shrine of hospitality to celebrate the most important day of your life, as well as a holiday resort offering the utmost relax, or to enjoy tasting of various wines and typical products and to organise your meeting or gala evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello Vicchiomaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Vicchiomaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Castello Vicchiomaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany