The hotel is old and worn out. (Rooms, beds, bathroom appliances, AC, etc. ). the hotel is run by a family. I met and/or talked to some of them. They were usually willing to help, but not very professional (not toward us, but about running the hotel in general)
They asked us to leave the room at 10:30. I understand that the "hotel rules" were designed this way, but I feel the almost universal time is 12:00. Depending on the reservation status of the room even that can be extended. Regarding our room, since we were told we could extend our stay, I understand that there was no pressuring new reservation check-in.
The positive thing is, the hotel is located at the center of the old-town, Piazza Matteotti, but since Greve is a fairly small town, there are more hotels within 5 minutes of walking distance.
Breakfast was O.K.
Although I don't feel cheated, I would not choose this hotel if I ever have the chance to go to Greve in Chianti.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous triangular square of the village of Greve in Chianti:Chianti, the hotel has 16 rooms renovated and modernized in 2012, to customers, single, double, triple and quadruple rooms, all with private bathroom and all comforts: air cond, heating, satellite TV, telephone, mini bars, safes and free wifi internet access.The strength of this hotel is centrally located with the ability to walk to various restaurants and many small craft shops located in the town square and in the country, but at the same time to offer a relaxing and tranquil space, in fact in the garden the hotel was converted into a 14m swimming pool with salt water where around x7m is served a breakfast buffet with homemade pastries, scrambled eggs, cold cuts, cheeses, cereals, etc. ...The Family Bussotti, owner of 'Hotel for about 20 years is present 24h on 24, creating a relaxed and informal atmosphere, providing customers with all the information in the area, what to do and what to visit, plus the chance to sample available products of the family farm, wine, extra virgin olive oil and grappa.Greve in Chianti is situated half way between Florence and Siena, the location is very strategic in the short time we reach virtually all the most famous places of Tuscany, above the area of Chianti Classico, then Florence, Siena, Lucca, Pisa, San Gimignano , Volterra, Radda, Gaiole the ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Albergo del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Del Chianti Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Albergo Del Chianti Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany