We stayed at Villa Vignamaggio from May 23-28 in room 1 in the Cenobio building. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room cost 170 euros per night and had a small kitchenette, which we used for breakfasts and to prepare dinner one evening (we felt that 10 euros each was too much to pay for breakfast every day). Vignamaggio is loaded with charm. We discovered the Villa as most people do, as the setting for the movie Much Ado About Nothing. We had a great time wandering around the estate. We went on the winery tour (15 euros each) and had dinner at the Villa (35 euros each). Both events were probably overpriced but we enjoyed interacting with the Villa staff (each of whom we thought was delightful and eager to please). Vignamaggio is an award-winning winery and the wines are well worth drinking while you are there. Vignamaggio is also a very convenient location for touring all of the Chianti region.
Our room was spacious and romantic and there were screens on all of the windows, enabling us to leave the windows open continuously.
We have stayed in many hotels in Italy and this is one of the best, all things considered (location, amenities, price). We highly recommend Villa Vignamaggio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half way between Florence and Siena, the estate extends for over 200 hectares in the hills of the Chianti region. Vignamaggio overlooks a countryside landscape, of forests, vineyards and ancient hamlets scattered about on the surrounding hills. At the core of the farm is the Renaissance villa, surrounded by Italian style gardens, which fill the spaces between rows of cypresses, vines and olive trees. A working farm since 1404, Vignamaggio has been cultivating the vines and producing wine for over 600 years. Open to the public since 1987, the historical dwelling offers first class accommodation with rooms, suites and apartments in the estate's farmhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany