Booked this villa because it had featured as the setting for the 1993 film of Much Ado About Nothing (Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington etc), fell in love with the location and didn't even look at review sites before going. Stayed in the Villa itself (Leonardo Suite) for 2 nights R & R before Rome. It was simply Paradise on Earth. Beautiful location, stunning views, pools (plural) a fitness centre, a working winery, ornamental gardens and HISTORY - truly immense experience.
I am not recommending this villa as I want to keep it all to myself.................!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half way between Florence and Siena, the estate extends for over 200 hectares in the hills of the Chianti region. Vignamaggio overlooks a countryside landscape, of forests, vineyards and ancient hamlets scattered about on the surrounding hills. At the core of the farm is the Renaissance villa, surrounded by Italian style gardens, which fill the spaces between rows of cypresses, vines and olive trees. A working farm since 1404, Vignamaggio has been cultivating the vines and producing wine for over 600 years. Open to the public since 1987, the historical dwelling offers first class accommodation with rooms, suites and apartments in the estate's farmhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany