Booked this hotel to use as a base to enjoy the Chianti region. We had some rain so it was not as wonderful as we could have imagined, but the property is wonderful. The room was great, the location superb and the staff did everything to make us welcome. The breakfast is 14 euros and worth the price, but if you don't want it everyone morning for the price that is the only potential negative to the property.
We arrived at the property after lunch was finished and they still took care of us - Great value
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half way between Florence and Siena, the estate extends for over 200 hectares in the hills of the Chianti region. Vignamaggio overlooks a countryside landscape, of forests, vineyards and ancient hamlets scattered about on the surrounding hills. At the core of the farm is the Renaissance villa, surrounded by Italian style gardens, which fill the spaces between rows of cypresses, vines and olive trees. A working farm since 1404, Vignamaggio has been cultivating the vines and producing wine for over 600 years. Open to the public since 1987, the historical dwelling offers first class accommodation with rooms, suites and apartments in the estate's farmhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany