My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon-- we loved it. It was so quiet and peaceful, and the food we had at the restaurant was unbelievably good. It was one of the highlights of the trip, and we already wish we could go back. The wine tour and lunch were awesome-- incredible food and we ate with some fun people we didn't know who had gone on the tour. The views from the restaurant are amazing too. Swimming pools, peace and quiet, plenty of time to enjoy the sun and read, incredible wine and food, and lovely views everywhere. I miss it.
Note that the rooms are not luxury-- it's an old farmhouse, and they are an agriturismo site, so it's not meant to be like a hotel. But the room was comfortable and we didn't care anyway because we loved being outside and eating at the restaurant so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half way between Florence and Siena, the estate extends for over 200 hectares in the hills of the Chianti region. Vignamaggio overlooks a countryside landscape, of forests, vineyards and ancient hamlets scattered about on the surrounding hills. At the core of the farm is the Renaissance villa, surrounded by Italian style gardens, which fill the spaces between rows of cypresses, vines and olive trees. A working farm since 1404, Vignamaggio has been cultivating the vines and producing wine for over 600 years. Open to the public since 1987, the historical dwelling offers first class accommodation with rooms, suites and apartments in the estate's farmhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Villa Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany