We have stayed before at Vignamaggio,and I really cannot undertand the criticism of the staff. They are all very correct, smiling and helpful. The restaurant on the night we ate there was not very good , our poor server was alone and everything took a long time and not too interesting( undercooked pasta, strange salad,etc). Okay ,the restaurants in Greve were not much better! We used to live in the area and it has changed alot in the quality! A problem with the stay is that the rooms are quite cold in bad weather as there are rainy days in spring and fall. I seem to remember that there are laws in Italy about heating in hotels in this period. There is really no cosy warm salon with fireplace to sit and read or have a drink. They do have a room in the breakfast area, but it is a bit modern and unwelcoming. I do find it lovely that there are bottles of wine around for tasting, also biscotti, some of the critics should appreciate this more, as it is gratis. Everything we asked of the staff was promptly taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half way between Florence and Siena, the estate extends for over 200 hectares in the hills of the Chianti region. Vignamaggio overlooks a countryside landscape, of forests, vineyards and ancient hamlets scattered about on the surrounding hills. At the core of the farm is the Renaissance villa, surrounded by Italian style gardens, which fill the spaces between rows of cypresses, vines and olive trees. A working farm since 1404, Vignamaggio has been cultivating the vines and producing wine for over 600 years. Open to the public since 1987, the historical dwelling offers first class accommodation with rooms, suites and apartments in the estate's farmhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany