We stayed in Apt. #4. It was a lovely apt. Big bedroom with a view of the valley, a canopy bed, nice size bathroom and a large living room with a beautiful huge fireplace.The ladies at the reception area were so helpful and friendly, in fact they made our stay very enjoyable as they went beyond the norm!The grounds are lovely and as a guest you have unrestricted access. This villa is famous as the young lady who posed for the painting, Mona Lisa was born and raised here, also the movie Much Ado About Nothing was filmed here.The estate has vineyards and olive groves and they make their own wine and olive oil.One of the reasons I think Villa Vignamaggio sets it's self apart from other lodging is they have some extra special touches such as; the lounges of each of the buildings have a supply of daily newspapers from different countries, bottles of wines, baked pastries, and snacks for their guests to enjoy.The buffet breakfast is extra. It was quite good, with a variety of items to choose from.We loved the area and Greve is one of our favorite towns with good restaurants and most anything you need you will find in this town.We really enjoyed our stay at Villa Vignamaggio and would not hestitate to recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half way between Florence and Siena, the estate extends for over 200 hectares in the hills of the Chianti region. Vignamaggio overlooks a countryside landscape, of forests, vineyards and ancient hamlets scattered about on the surrounding hills. At the core of the farm is the Renaissance villa, surrounded by Italian style gardens, which fill the spaces between rows of cypresses, vines and olive trees. A working farm since 1404, Vignamaggio has been cultivating the vines and producing wine for over 600 years. Open to the public since 1987, the historical dwelling offers first class accommodation with rooms, suites and apartments in the estate's farmhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany