“Mind-blowing.”

Mangiando Mangiando
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is the best restaurant experience I have had the entire time I have been in Italy. Salvatore and his team really made this an Italian experience!

We originally intended to stop in for a quick lunch, on our way to tour some wineries, however we were quickly swept up in the atmosphere, and many bottles of wine later we found ourselves throwing out the rest of our plans and staying for more of the amazing hospitality we were offered.

We had an incredibly short wait for our food, as some American documentary makers were filming a piece in the restaurant, however the wait was not even noticed by us. In fact we only realised we had been waiting when the film crew bought us a bottle of wine to apologise! Salvatore was incredibly attentive to us as well as the American crew, he had a glass of wine with both tables, and was very interested in talking to us. We had the beef stew, stuffed rabbit, spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce, risotto funghi, and other dishes among the 6 of us, and each dish was perfect. There is literally nothing even remotely negative that could be said about this experience.

I want to thank Salvatore and his team for taking such good care of us, even though he had other bigger priorities in the restaurant at the time we felt like we were part of a big family gathering!

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We did the reverse of the previous reviewer. I had the stuffed rabbit while my wife had the beef stew. My rabbit was great but the beef stew was extraordinary. We stumbled onto this place having got back to our villa late on a Sunday night - we hadn't expected much from a place in the middle of the main piazza. We were very wrong! A committed slow food approach shows through in the quality of the dishes served. A very pleasant surprise delivering a brilliant night. Oh and the chocolate cake with orange sauce with matched desert wine was to die for

Reviewed August 29, 2012

After reading a great review of this restaurant we looked it up when we visited Greve. It was not disappointing. Even though it was only small inside, it was full of locals, one of the signs of a good restaurant we found. I had beef stew with pepper & fennel and my wife had stuffed rabbit. Both were fabulous, and the wine was great. Service was good also. It has an outside eating area but with the rain we chose to go inside. Dont miss it if visiting Greve.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We visited this beautiful town during lunch-time one hot August day, and stopped at M-M having read reviews on this web-site. Happy to say we made the right choice, as the pasta with wild board sauce and beef stew were absolutely fantastic (this was accompanied by a simple fresh tomato salad that had us dazzled due to the quality of the Tuscan tomato). We finished if off with a panacotta with strawberry sauce of incredible quality and freshness, a truly exquisite dessert in this restaurant that I highly recommend trying.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am lucky to have a friend who has an apartment close to the restaurant, so we made good use of it whilst I was there recently. Not a huge menu, but all the pasta dishes were wonderful, however the pasta with wild boar sauce was absolutely divine!
Staff were wonderful and very friendly, the piazza is now closed to traffic, so a lovely setting to sit and watch the world go by over a good few bottles of italian wine!
And if we offended any of the other diners with our rather loud ladies lunch a few sundays ago, then sorry!!!!!!