“Fabulous accommodation and lovely people”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Loggetta

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greve in Chianti
La Loggetta
Brisbane, Australia
“Fabulous accommodation and lovely people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We are almost finished a wonderful two weeks staying here at La Loggetta in Montefioralle, and it has been magical! Absolutely recommend it! Beautiful apartment with wonderful hosts. Close to the quaint village of Greve which we loved.

The apartment is quite a large two bedroom one which is fully equipped with everything you would need. Montefioralle is small but has two restaurants and a wine bar, and is a short drive up the hill from Greve where there are supermarkets and enotecas. Greve has regular buses daily to Florence.

We loved our time here!

Room Tip: Whoops, sorry, there is no pool or fitness centre. Rooms are very quiet and lovely for sleeping. One...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Comment2

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent 4 nights in gorgeous La Loggetta in medieval Montefioralle in October 2012. The apartment had the most fabulous outlook from the bedroom window over the valley looking down to Greve-in-Chianti and from the entry hall a view out to the pretty garden of the houses opposite. The street wound around the interior of the village walls and it was lovely to wander the village without hordes of tourists. There were tourists that came in small groups and those I spoke to were so envious I was actually staying in the village. The steep road down to Greve is walkable but I wasn't keen on walking up so Giuliana (owner) gave me the name/number to get a taxi while in Greve. I went to the local winery shop in the village and bought the most gorgeous bottle of Chianti from Fernando. The apartment has wi-fi which isn't great but if you find the right spot (main bedroom by the window) you can get service. While there I found a link to Monika Iris (www.monikairis.com) who does private tours in the Chianti area and we made last minute arrangements for her to take me to Panzano, Castellina, Radda, Volpaia and Lamole. I was invited to have dinner with Giuliana and Marco on my last evening in the village which I enjoyed immensely with Giuliana practising her English and me trying out some of my limited Italian. As I didn't have a car and wasn't keen on driving those narrow windy roads on the opposite side to where we drive in Australia I was limited in getting outside the village but experienced the laid back village life which was what attracted me to stay in the village in the first place. I left Montefioralle with a bottle of wine from Marco's winery which I have brought home to share with friends. In all it was a fabulous stay and I would recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AussieEssem
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

We spent a week at La Loggetta and of the 5 locations on our Italy tour it was the best. We choose it because it seemed suitable for the 2 of us (not a 10 room villa) We were advised to stay in a community rather than a more remote farm or venue because of the driving at night after a dinner out. Montifioralle has 2 good restaurants within moments. walking. Greve is a few minutes away for shopping.
The apartment is well equipped, very clean and suitably furnished and importantly, comes with very comfortable beds. It was very cosy and if living in an ancient hill top settlement that maintains the atmosphere is what is desired this would be it. We saw no other location so admirable in our travels. While my wife did laundry courtesy of the host I spent the morning taking photos of the doors windows and decore of the village.
As a base for the Chianti region it was superb but we could have stayed longer and just soaked up the local atmosphere. Panoramic views are everywhere but from the apartment windows they are more of flowers and doors and a tile roof. It is a very quiet peaceful place. Parking is outside the walls as the cobble street is largely pedestrian. There are some good YouTube videos of the village. Finally, others have statements about La Loggetta that I completely agree with.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank curries465159
Hope Island, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Let your heart sing in this mediaeval fortress, in the Hills of Chianti. Superbly knowledgeable hosts (Giuliana speaks good English.) Marco is a skilled winemaker. Unspoiled beauty. Overlooks Chianti Classico vineyards..... And their own wine, picked by hand, is a perfect accompaniment to the meals we prepared using fresh ingredients from their own gardens. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Worldpleasure
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

Giuliana's Apartment was the perfect location for our month + long visit to Italy. The Apartment was perfect for our visit. Large enough to allow for our friends to visit with us for a week. Our host Giuliana was kind with lots of information. Her apartment had all that was required for a comfortable stay in Tuscany. We were surrounded with friendly neighbors. This famous Hill top town was constantly being visited without being intrusive to our comfort.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank skauffman21
Eilat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

Imagine a lovely medieval castle located after a climb of one km above Greve in Chianti,walking through olive trees watching a very typical tuscany landscape, and you arrive to the "place " of Montefioralle constituted by 8 benches situated under huge maple trees and overlooking toward a stunning view,! All the inhabitants are the most gentle and happy persons you're happy to meet, I stayed several times at Giuliana Grassi appartment located at Montefioralle and it was the most enjoyful stay ! The appartment is perfect for vacations quiet and when you step out you are surrounded by all the flowers the inhabitants of the "Borgo" decorate their windows and balconies I recommend very much the place

1 Thank ninjaeilat