When we arrived we were a little disappointed. The rooms were spacious, but clearly showing their age and a little neglect. So, initially, we thought we'd made a mistake. However, over the following days, it became clear that the value of Castiglionchio lay in the family orientation of the hotel. Evening dinners, horseback riding, and music nights convinced us that Castiglionchio is ideal for families and is probably suffering from overuse as much as neglect. The final surprise for us was the price: we had two large family dinners, a horse outing, and a cooking class, sleeping 9 people (5 kids) over 7 nights... for EURO1600! An unreachable number in North America. Our kids met others from around the world and had a great time. In the end we came away with mixed feelings..Castiglionchio is great for families, but the accommodations undermines the experience. Some minor upgrades would go a long way. In the end I'm glad we stayed there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fattoria di Castiglionchio is everything you'd want from a holiday in the Tuscan countryside. Rolling hills, ancient woodlands, historic rustic buildings and vineyards producing wonderful wine. There's also a pool to relax in and the possibility of delightful walks. The restaurant is open 4 nights a week to taste the delicious farmhouse cuisine. Florence is only 16km away to add a little culture to your country break! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fattoria di Castiglionchio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Ristonchi - Fattoria Di Castiglionchio Hotel Rignano Sull`Arno
- Fattoria Di Castiglionchio Italy/Tuscany