“Lovely rooms and truly wonderful food!”
Review of Il Molendino B&B

Il Molendino B&B
Ranked #1 of 20 Calci B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed for s a few nights and I think that each person in the group wanted nothing more than to wake up and enjoy the wonderful breakfasts that were provided for us! The B&B was clean and the owners were incredibly friendly. They also recommended a restaurant that was not far from the B&B that was also a delight to eat at...sorry I can't remember the name of the place. It is also a very easy drive to Pisa and Florence. Enjoy this wonderful place!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JDLArkin

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have just spent three nights at Il Molendino. Stefano and Fabiola have the perfect attitude for B&B hosts, friendly, welcoming, helpful but not over the top. Accommodation very comfortable and tastefully decorated as can be seen in web site photos. Breakfast excellent and served on outside terrace. Rooms air conditioned which is essential in Italy in the summer and free wifi. Use of visitors communal kitchen very well equipped including fridge and freezer compensates for no tea and coffee in the room. Lovely garden and short walk into Calci where a variety of restaurants can be found. Very good location for Pisa and Lucca and of course the airport. Il Molendino is a converted Mill so some of the rooms are accessed vis steep spiral stairs.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Il Molendino is a great place to stay in Toscany. It is conveniently located as a starting point to visit Toscany. We started our days with a lovely breakfast – home-made cakes, freshly made fruit salads, cheese, ham. Breakfast was served at the terrace in the picturesque garden in the relaxing atmosphere – we could hear the music of the nature. The particular climate is created by details such as hand-made decorated bedding, comfortable mattress, elegant plates, well equipped kitchen. Fabiola and Stefano are very helpful in giving recommendation where to eat and where to go. They create very friendly atmosphere, I felt like at home there. It was a week in paradise for me and my friend. I hope to come back there one day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrive May 30th to this spending old mill house, run by a wonderful couple.
We had our own private apartment complete with a beautiful deck backing up to the waterfall and babbling brook. Add to that a sky full of fireflies and you have the setting.
The accommodations were terrific. Stephano and Fabiloa were wonderful and the place was spotless.
Breakfast was lovely, the setting is great and the location is close to everything. We toured hundreds of miles of magical scenery returning each night to this special place.
I was even redecorating the apartment we stayed in, in my mind pretending it was my new home.

This is a memorable place that I look forward to returning to again.

R. Kaplan - US - June 2013.

Room Tip: The two best rooms are the separate cottage and the gorgeous suite in the main house. Fantastic!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed a couple of nights in this B&B and we had a great experience. The owners are very friendly and attentious (thanks Fabiola). The place is very quiet and all we heard were the birds in the morning hours. The old mill converted into a house is enchanting and the room nicely decorated. Would recommend if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were delighted with everything about this friendly and charming b & b, from the welcome we received from Fabiola, her recommendations for places to eat out locally, delicious freshly made cakes for breakfast and her detailed and helpful directions, including hand drawn maps for the way to Pisa airport avoiding morning traffic (20 minutes). The room was spacious and the bed comfortable, and an excellent shower. Stefano served lovely fresh orange juice and large cappuccinos for breakfast, and it was nice to be able to make yourself a cup of tea in the communal kitchen whenever you wanted one!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Staying at the Molendino was the best part of our trip to Italy. Stefano and Fabiola are a beautiful couple with a gorgeous B&B. The only thing more incredible than the actual property and building themselves (which are beautifully rustic and relaxing) is how accommodating and kind Stefano and Fabiola are. I suggested that they adopt me and my family! They never answered me but I'm holding my breath. Seriously, stay there! Well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calci
1 mi away
#6 of 20 in Calci
Bed And Breakfast Zia
Bed And Breakfast Zia
#11 of 20 in Calci

Been to Il Molendino B&B? Share your experiences!