“Great food and friendly service”

Osteria Il Grappolo
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Sciacca
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the historical center of Sciacca, a few steps away from the beautiful Palace Steripinto and by' old Palermo Gate, the Osteria il Grappolo. The Restaurant, Chef Salvatore Ciaccio that with the experience gained in Italy in the field of gastronomy, you will enjoy excellent meals of typical Sicilian dishes and much sought after, presented with style and dedication. Many products of the restaurant are zero km, from the small family farm (extra virgin olive oil, tomatoes, fresh vegetables, homemade jams) and the sea of Sciacca (fresh fish every day). Osteria il Grappolo with its 60 seats is also proposed for small ceremonies and business meetings, all in a rustic-elegant with various objects of Sicilian rural life, air-conditioned room and easy access for the disabled. Do not miss the chance to taste the real traditional cuisine in the heart of the historical center of Sciacca. Come and visit us you will be greeted with openness, kindness and professionalism. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, closed on
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I had a fantastic meal at Osteria il Grappolo in early November, 2012. Our waiter, Claudio, was great! Even though he spoke no English, we had no problems whatsoever in communication throughout the evening.

I had read so many compliments about the octopus carpaccio that I had to try it and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I also tried the "fish ravioli" because it sounded so unique. Again, not a disappointment. My wife had pasta w. sardines, a typical Sicilian dish, and mixed fried fish. We generally avoid a lot of fried foods, but this was prepared perfectly and was not greasy at all. Our total bill for 2 primo piati, 2 secondi, water and a liter of wine was 50 Euros.

Our compliments to chef Salvatore Ciaccio, and to our wonderful server, Claudio.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went here largely because it was just downstairs from where we were staying. It turned out to be a good choice: nice atmosphere, good house wine, superb food, friendly service - all at a reasonable price. I had ordered the octopus carpaccio as a starter (to be followed by pasta and a fillet steak) and loved it so much that I cancelled my order for the steak and had another carpaccio instead. Absolutely superb - I have posted a photo. My wife had the mixed seafood hors d'oeuvres, pasta and fish and was equally impressed. Unfortunately, they were closed the following day, so we couldn't go back.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Fresh fish (we had seabass in saltcrust which was
excellent) typical sicilan starters and pasta and the
whole family enjoyed all the dishes. Charming service
and reasonable prices in a nice Sicilian Trattoria.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I followed the rates given on this site about this restaurant and I must say that i wasn't wrong to do so..... Beautifully settled in a residential street and the interior is very cosy and welcoming. My husband had had the mixed seafood antipasto and the cured ham antipasto as I am not a really big fan of fish but truly..... It was exquisite! The spaghetti marinara and the pasta con melazane (aubergines) and ricotta salata...... Mmmm divine and cooked with all the love required! The main course consisted of a grilled fresh fish cooked to the best.... Still smelling the sea..... And for me the carne grigliata..... Cooked to the best by Salvatore the chef. To end it all we ordered the Ananas (pineapple) .... So fresh and tasty! And soon after some locally produced Limoncello..... Great! A big well done to chef Salvatore and his Waiter who served us with pleasure on a sunday afternoon.... Well done guys, for you are great!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We only had a couple of days in Sciacca,but we visited this restaurant for lunch and dinner one day. The food and service were excellent we enjoyed pasta dishes and the wonderfull fresh fish,it was all cooked beautifully.