Whilst we stayed outside of peak season, we had a wonderful 8 night stay. The resort is well equipped; 3 golf courses, a spa and one of the best equipped gyms I have experienced at a European beach resort. The staff are genuinely friendly and eager to please and apart from being very welcoming, they are obviously proud to work at Verdura which I have rarely experienced on my travels.
There are 4 restaurants, (not all are open every evening in October) and whilst they provide a decent variety of Italian (particularly Sicilian) fare, they are very pricey, which is my only real quibble. Equally, the wine list is excellent and there is a good opportunity to sample quite a few top quality local wines by the glass in addition to an extensive selection by the bottle. Nando, the Sommelier is a real asset to the hotel and we were fortunate to accompany him on a wine tasting expedition to Di Giavanni, run by the very passionate Klaus, Gunther and Melissa, well worth an afternoon of anybody's time!
It was pleasing not to have the usual scrum for a place to catch some rays as beds were available by the beach, pool, near the pool or an the grass in front of all of the ground floor rooms. I can imagine however that this, like many other resorts is much busier in peak season.
Great for a few days away from the stresses and strains and some decent R&R!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the warmth, passion and beauty of Sicily, Verdura Resort is a five-star destination for an unforgettable holiday experience. It is the first resort in the Rocco Forte Hotels, and takes our trademark Art of Simple Luxury to an outstanding new level. Just 203 rooms are set amid 230 hectares of beautiful Sicilian countryside, providing the rare luxury of exclusive privacy and space.Make the most out of your holiday in Sicily and live a collection of exclusive once in a lifetime experiences: simple luxury resort in-line with the Sicilian tradition, unique archaeological sites, unforgettable dinners under the stars by Fulvio Pierangelini, a world-renowned name in the culinary set, an award winning spa, a unique golf destination and world-class tennis and golf tuitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Verdura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf And Spa Resort
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf Hotel Sciacca
- Verdura Resort Sciacca, Sicily, Italy