1,200 results
All reviews tour group outdoor pool trulli houses on demand eggs and bacon modern hotel red marble long queue a la carte restaurant free shuttle breakfast buffet remote location comfortable rooms half board rural area risotto excellent hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2018

A large modern hotel set in the countryside offering a free shuttle to Alberobello. I stayed as part of a touring group and was pleasantly surprised to have a spacious double room all to myself- not always the case when traveling as a solo guest.
I felt at first that the front of house staff were rather aloof but that's probably in comparison to our dining room staff. The dining room is vast.. the hotel is very popular with tour groups and can at times be a little noisy. However, the dining room staff are incredible and deliver plates of superb food looking like works of art with speed, precision and a smile!
I opted out of one optional excursion with my group and had a pleasant day at the hotel, walking round the attractive gardens, lunch poolside and a good book on a comfy sunbed.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Lesley R
Reviewed June 16, 2018

The hotel is very isolated but there is a free shuttle on demand to take you to Alberobello.
My room and the bathroom were good size. I could, with the window open, to hear the beautiful singing birds.
The breakfast was just OK, but the dinners excellent, plenty of food, very tasteful and very nice presented. Congratulations to the chef!! The restaurant and the bar staff was very friendly and welcoming and very professional.
CONTRA The outside pool is near the noisy AC units. The spa prices are high in my opinion (entrance 20EURO). The room and the bathroom were not perfectly cleaned. The rug looked like it was never cleaned. The curtains at the shower were dirty and full of fungus!
The AC was noisy. I have got it off! I could catch the dialogue from the adjacent rooms!

Room tip: I have no idea! AC is noisy.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Aurelia293
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Once we got over the surprise at the size of this hotel - it was built as a conference venue, I think, and we had been expecting quaint Trulli and ittle else! - we settled in well and enjoyed our stay.

The room was as you would expect in a modern hotel; spaceous and clean.

Breakfast was abundant and varied and the a-la-carte restaurant offered realy good food. One comment - I know that the chef is esperimenting with new ways of combining the flavours and textures of local produce - which project (as a foodie) I thoroughly approve - but sometimes we felt that he had gone a step too far!

Having said that, his risotto with langostines was just exquisite - you must try it if you visit.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

At first some of the staff seemed abrupt but warmed after a couple of days, the cleanliness is not 4 star nor is the standard of rooms. Could do with a huge refurbishment to be worthy of the 4 star rating. Lots of coach trips stay here. Breakfast was lovely. Good base to explore from if you hire a car. The pool is very clean. Some building work going on during our stay but they weren’t overly noisy.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2018

Spent two nights at this countryside hotel in Alberobello. Beautiful trullis on site which you can stay in. Nice restaurant, pool and grounds. Comfortable rooms. It's 4 miles to historic Alberobello. One downfall and not much else in the immediate area.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends