See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Arrival was strange with barely two words and not a trace of a smile from the lady who i think may be the owner. Up three flights of stairs just to get to the reception.
I had to specifically ask and drag the information about breakfast, internet, check out etc from her.
Wifi did not extend to the part of the hotel where my room was, I really needed, to plant he rest of my trip. The lady refused to acknowledge this, sighed and threw a tantrum and said it must be a problem with my phone...and my computer...and my ipad. So I sat in the corridor.
The room was pretty sparse, echoey, and the bathroom fan didn't work. If anyone can open those sachets of shampoo let me know how. I'm normally not too fussy as I've slept in all sorts of places but this single bed was really uncomfy!
Breakfast was really lacking, i don't know what other hotels offer in the area but there wasn't even a trace of fruit in any form.
As I left and went to pay she was scowling, and the whole time all she said was the price I should pay, no smile again, despite mine, until my cheery goodbye she replied with a bye bye.
Really it was her attitude from the first moment that ruined my stay and gave it a bad taste. Lack of wifi and poor breakfast were disappointing.
Again I don't know what else there is around to compare price and value with, but I wouldn't really go back.

Room tip: 100-110 rooms may struggle with or not have wifi.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2016

We stayed in this hotel Two nights and found just what we needed. The hotel lies on top of a hill, but also quite central in the trulli area, so it is quiet ( we slept very well) at the same time as you are in the middle of all you want to see. Breakfast simple, but all we needed, and the room large and clean with a nice bathroom. Good value for money, and we would stay here again if we return.

Room tip: Our room to the garden was very quiet.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2015

A simple place with the basic comfort to spend the night and have breakfast. Still, the fact that it was a former convent, gives you some extra peace and tranquility. The position is very good right on the best shopping little street of Alberobello. The staff is very polite and helpful. Very good value for the money. Not a bad experience.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2015 via mobile

We only stayed for 1 night, and the room was clean, functional, and basic. Value for money - if for no other reason than being no more than 50 metres from the Trulli village (which is amazing), and sleeping in an old Monastery. Be prepared for city tax (we paid roughly €1.50 per person) and we also had to pay for parking (€3) - but apart from that, all good

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2015

We only stayed here one night as it was fully booked for the rest of our stay in the area - Albarello is a popular tourist destination especially in September!

The rooms are spacious but basic, dark and a little tired, although the bathrooms are clean and bright. Service is friendly and the location very central although the bell tower of the adjacent church can be loud in the mornings so there's no chance of oversleeping.

As with most hotels in the area, breakfast is disappointing to the non-Italian: far too many sweet pastries, cakes and biscuits and rather stale bread and insufficiently hot water for tea - but then one is supposed to drink coffee in Italy and they make that to order!

Room tip: ask to be as far from the bell tower as possible!
Date of stay: September 2015