Bed & Breakfast La Rosa dei Trulli
Albergo Airone(Alberobello)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsevery morningkatiatouristcartownpuglia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was my first trip to Southern Italy, the birthplace of my grandparents. I expected a relaxing visit in the countryside, but was pleasantly surprised at the charm and hospitality shown to us there. Beppe and Giovanna did more than could be expected to make sure we had a wonderful stay. First, the rooms were very clean and well-furnished, especially the kitchen. There were always plenty of breakfast foods (cookies, cereal, water, milk, juice, pastries) every morning as well as basics for lunch or dinner (pasta, canned tomatoes, olive oil, etc). We were able to buy the rest of the food we needed at the local supermarket. There were even pretty rose teacups in the cabinet. Any time we needed something (extra towels, a little tour to find the best olive oil, cheese and bread), Beppe and Giovanna were happy to oblige and even offer some surprise treats.

As for the Trulli themselves, not only were they unusually cool to look at, but also because of the stone, they were so cool that we didn't need air conditioning. The patios were perfect for sitting out in the sun or eating a meal under the canopy. We were also happy that there were even a washing machine and dishwasher in the kitchen (at no extra charge). The place we previously stayed charged 6 euro for each load of laundry! My only complaint is that the mattresses were harder than what I'm used to, but that was the same at every place we stayed in Italy. This was not a big problem, but next time (and I do hope there will soon be a next time), I would bring some mosquito repellent spray, but of course that is no fault of the proprietor, just the area and time of year. At any rate, I would certainly endure a few mosquitoes to enjoy the peace and relaxation of the olive groves, the Trulli area with its different sites and genuine kindness there. Some day trips we took were to the beach at Monopoli, the grotto (caverns) and to the Trulli tourist areas for shopping, photographing and dining. Overall, we were very happy with our stay there and my friends thanked me more than once for finding this place. I would love to return one day and would enthusiastically recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in the Rose Tea house. Our other two friends were in Soraya Rose. Both were equally comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Lindalu99
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Undoubtedly one of the nicest places I have stayed anywhere. We were upgraded to the largest of the three rooms and it was perfect. The kitchen was well stocked with breakfast items, tea & coffee, pasta, tomatoes, oil and even a large bottle of Peroni and a plate of chocolates! There are supermarkets nearby if you want to stay in.

The grounds were beautiful and shared by their two cats and five baby kittens! Plenty of parking spaces too.

Location is just outside of Alberobello but just a couple of minutes drive. You could probably walk it but the road is quite busy.

The recommendation for a local restaurant (Nicchia) was so good we ate their twice! Really good food and incredibly cheap.

My only problem is we didn't have more time there!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank NPUk
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Location is very close to the historic sites (within 2 min drive), but just outside of the main part of town. The lot itself is large, giving lots of room for free parking, which was great for us. Beppe spoke little English but the welcome he showed us needed no translation. There are 3 units on the property and we had chosen the smallest since it was just two of us. At first I thought it might be too small, but it turned out to be perfect! Very compact, and efficient. Everything was thought of: from ice cubes, to hair dryers, to toothpicks. All the water/milk in the minibar was complimentary, including the pasta and canned tomatoes in the cupboards! My only warning is that the stairs to the loft/bedroom is narrow and steep, so just be careful. The rooms had heating, but still remained fairly cold since the stone itself was cold. But Beppe said to turn the heat up as high as we needed, no problem. I asked for a recommendation for restaurants and was provided one to an EXCELLENT restaurant at a reasonable price. The unit comes with a microwave, full sink, full complement of flatware and silverware, pots/pans, coffee maker (italian style), small dorm style fridge/freezer, and 2 gas burners. There was also a washing machine if you needed one. There was no wifi in the unit but we didn't need it since we were trying to get away from it all. The breakfast was packaged croissants, toast, crackers, cookies and jams. But with a full kitchen, it was easy enough to buy few items at the grocery store and make whatever we needed for all our meals. The pillows and sheets were soft, the mattress typically european (meaning that it would help if they put a mattress pad on it) and very firm. Beppe: thank you for letting us stay at your lovely trullo!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed in "Rosa Tea" with our 6 year old Son and our small Italian Greyhound. The service was wonderful, the trullo was clean, like new, the dark wood furniture was absolutely beautiful and custom made to fit the unique shape of the walls. We had plenty of room for the 3 of us. The trullo was furnished with the basics for cooking, the dishes were clean and nicely organized in the cupboards, there is a dishwasher and washing machine, though no dryer. We had internet, TV, and DVD player and even a hairdryer. There was a breakfast basket of Italian breakfast basics, coffee, tea, milk and juice, pasta, can of tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil. The heat worked wonderfully which is good since we were there in late December and it was very cold outside! La Rosa dei Trulli is located a very short distance from Alberobello. With a car it's simple to get to the heart of town, park and see the sites. We loved everything and want to come back in the spring or summer to enjoy the outside patios and what looks to be beautiful grounds! The owners are very friendly and warm and their Son does a good job translating.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shibara
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Immaculately clean - we thought they were newly renovated this season! Excellent renovation. We stayed in Rosa Tea which was spacious and characterful. The kitchen facilities are good and the owners provide olive oil, pepper, white wine vinegar, salt, clothes washing liquid, dishwasher tablets and tea/coffee. The breakfast is basic - pastry and jams etc but lovely.

The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. When our hot water broke down it was fixed within a matter of hours. Although it loaths me to say it because I would definitely recommend this B+B but our bedroom did feel a little damp but this didn't really bother us and we did expect it when staying in a trulli.

The trulli are not far from Alberobello but a car is recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple