“Maybe next time?”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Went here after reading good reviews on Tripadvisor. It was busy but managed to get a table for two. Being lunchtime we went for basic dishes - a pasta dish and an omlette. Both were acceptable without being outstanding. Other diners had chosen the mixed starter which I must admit did look interesting and appetising. My wife did have a dessert which she said was delicious.
Our bill came to €32 which seemed expensive for what we had eaten - water, 2 basic mains, a dessert and 2 coffees.
Perhaps we chose the wrong dishes? Perhaps it was the British couple who let their 2 young children run riot in the restaurant spoiling the atmosphere. If they weren't worried about the kids falling down the stairs I was!!
Would I go back? Maybe.

1  Thank WouldiGoBack2

Reviewed July 1, 2014

On the first night of our holiday it was our anniversary so decided to try this restaurant as it had such good reviews. We went in and asked if the had a table. The owner said they were fully booked but then said that one table wasn't booked until 9.45 so we could have that table. The food was wonderful. We had the mixed starter and 4 of us ate a portion for two and had loads of really interesting and tasty titbits. The pasta mains were also delicious . Sadly the restaurant has closed for two weeks now so we won't be able to go back before the end of our holiday. You must visit when they are open again!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you visit La Cantina I recommend their special set antipasto - it may seem quite expensive but you do get a large selection of dishes and they are quite delicious. Their special season pasta dishes was also wonderful. When we came to secondi we were really quite full, but we enjoyed these as well. A very good selection of wine was on offer too. Friendly, helpful and amusing staff, as well as cosy dining room where you could see the chef preparing the Food.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

La Cantina is a small restaurant full of atmosphere. The kitchen is open for all to see the preparation of your food by the charismatic chef. The food lives up to the setting. The antipasto is amazing and the dishes never stop coming. We visited La Cantina twice during our stay in Alberobello and the antipasto was different each time, a testament to the chef.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The antipasto was the best thing that we ordered--hot and cold, varied and delicious appetizers. I got the feeling that the staff was too rushed to really take the time to care about the food they were serving--my pasta was too hard to even be called "al dente", and not really flavorful. They pride themselves on freshness and natural cooking, but somehow, the flavor got lost on the night we were there. I had expected more from all of the glowing TripAdvisor reviews. The meat on my pork skewers was tough--advertised as being filled with cheese, but there was no hint of cheese in mine, even though I watched the chef sprinkle cheese as he rolled the pork up. There are too many good restaurants in Alberobello. I don't need to return to this one....