Our goal was, from Torino (North of Italy), visit by car the famous Lake Como. The prices were so high there that we´ve decided, after have found a wonderful offer on Expedia for this hotel, stay in the nearby lake Lugano, so close to our main destination (Cadenabbia, where we took the ferries). What a right decision! The structure is amazing, the place is very rich in details and the care offered is excellent, especially with the children (we have two, from 5 and 8 years). Already on arrival we were greeted with one welcome drink, sweetened with the smile of the nice staff, especially from Giovanna. Our reservation was an apartment in the Residence (there are hotel rooms, which already include the breakfast and the use of the entire structure. And the apartments in the Residence, witches are in the same address, but with a small kitchen and not included use of swimming pool, spa, etc. Those extra prices seemed fare for us, unlike some previous reviews: € 9 -per adult- for the pool, € 8 for hire the bike, etc). After getting a little lost in the maze of stairs (not appropriated for old people), we arrived at the apartment. The terrace had a stunning view of Lake Lugano and the kids were so happy with the infant cosmetics left in their bed! Nobody wanted to go out of there. But thankfully we did it, because outside the attractions were endless. With a map in hand, we explored the hotel, which offered from a panoramic hammocks and a place for meditation to a nice playground, a pretty couple of donkeys, archery game, "beach", ping-pong, swimming pool with toboggan, etc, etc, etc. To stimulate the tour, the children who completed the map and submitted it to the reception staff won a likable prize! The breakfast was worth every extra penny. There were homemade jams, freshly homemade waffles, a centrifuge with a lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to make your own juice, a kids (again the kids!) corner with a teddy bear under the table and another nice surprise: on Sundays their breakfast goes until 11:30 AM, wow, finally a hotel that understand that their guests want to sleep on the weekend!!! At night we went by foot to eat a pizza in a roadside restaurant, Il Ritrovo (very good). The only regret here was having booked all that beauty for only one night. "Mum, one day can we come back here just to stay in the hotel?" asked my little ones. "Yes, kids, next time we will stay 3 nights here and visit the lake in just one hour..." I joked. Oh yes, I almost forgot... the Lake Como? Cute...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Parco San Marco is situated directly on the magical lake Lugano, just 15 km far Lugano city and the "jet set hideaway" Lago di Como. It offers a mountain forest of 200'000 m², a vast subtropical park of 30'000 m² accommodating 111 Suites and Apartments with breathtaking lake views. This is reflected in numerous awards. A unique holiday in family-friendly surroundings. At your disposal are almost 3'000 m² of private beach, relax-pool, fun and kids pool, childcare in the Club Bim Bam Bino, playgrounds for the children, spa and wellness centre with indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, bio-sauna, steam bath, massage showers and aroma cabine, cosmetic treatments, therapy and massage treatments, meditation pavilion, fitness room, beach volleyball, climbing wall, various sports and water sport activities also for children and three à la Carte restaurants offering Mediterranean cuisine. Take advantage, like George Clooney, of playing on one of Europe's most beautiful golf courses in Menaggio on lake Como, or go on of one of the several excursions to Switzerland, for example to the Verzasca or Maggia Valleys in the upper Ticino and to the other northern Italian lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parco San Marco Lifestyle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parco San Marco Beach Resort, Golf And Spa
- Parco San Marco Beach Resort, Golf & Spa Hotel Cima Di Porlezza
- Parco San Marco Hotel
- Resort Parco San Marco