The hotel certainly makes use of its lake side location with a large range of water sports, for example, windsurfing scuba diving and snorkelling. Furthermore the option of hiring a speedboat, pedalo or even a catamaran meant I was never bored despite travelling alone.
The hotel is very child friendly however it was not difficult in this large resort to find some peace and quiet, for example the spa and the relax pool which was more aimed at adults. In my opinion, Parco San Marco has achieved a perfect balance due to the kids’ Club being located slightly further away from the main section of the hotel. This therefore enabled the resort to keep its’ relaxed and professional atmosphere instead of turning into a Butlins’ resort.
The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and welcoming, making my stay at Parco San Marco very enjoyable. Furthermore, a vast majority of the staff across the resort could speak Italian, German and English at more than a simple basic level. Despite being fully booked and very busy, they were always happy to help with any enquiry and were highly professional.
The food at the hotel was also very good, and there was a choice of restaurants as well as a range of food available from rustic Italian to more continental. I was not disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Parco San Marco is situated directly on the magical lake Lugano, just 15 km far Lugano city and the "jet set hideaway" Lago di Como. It offers a mountain forest of 200'000 m², a vast subtropical park of 30'000 m² accommodating 111 Suites and Apartments with breathtaking lake views. This is reflected in numerous awards. A unique holiday in family-friendly surroundings. At your disposal are almost 3'000 m² of private beach, relax-pool, fun and kids pool, childcare in the Club Bim Bam Bino, playgrounds for the children, spa and wellness centre with indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, bio-sauna, steam bath, massage showers and aroma cabine, cosmetic treatments, therapy and massage treatments, meditation pavilion, fitness room, beach volleyball, climbing wall, various sports and water sport activities also for children and three à la Carte restaurants offering Mediterranean cuisine. Take advantage, like George Clooney, of playing on one of Europe's most beautiful golf courses in Menaggio on lake Como, or go on of one of the several excursions to Switzerland, for example to the Verzasca or Maggia Valleys in the upper Ticino and to the other northern Italian lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Parco San Marco Lifestyle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parco San Marco Beach Resort, Golf & Spa Hotel Cima Di Porlezza
- Parco San Marco Beach Resort, Golf And Spa
- Parco San Marco Hotel
- Resort Parco San Marco