“best gelato ever”

Gelateria Basilico e Limone
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Levanto
Description: Our gelato is: - produced with local ingredients and inspired by the local gastronomic tradition - original flavours - quality without compromise - simple and natural, without any additives (food colorings, emulsifiers, artificial flavors, preservatives, stabilizers, thickeners, gelling agents) and hydrogenated oils / trans fats
Reviewed July 26, 2019

Loved the lemon + basil gelato. The people are also great--my friend hurt her hand and they happily gave us an ice pack

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (385)

Reviewed July 7, 2019

Walked to this place expecting great gelato. We got “so, so”. The staff wasn’t very friendly nor were they really into serving us. The gelato itself was nothing special although two people in our party liked their flavors quite a bit. I won’t go back as there are several other gelateria in the area. Prices were good.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2018

We took a break from travelling in the lovely Levanto and decided to treat ourselves with gelato. We came into the gelateria and were greeted by a lovely English-speaking employee.

She was so nice we decided to listen to all of her suggestions. We found all tastes to be really good! Do yourself a favor and try the unique signature flavor, basilico and limone.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jet647456
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

We tried basilico&limone, raspberry, and dark chocolate. All were really, really good. The lady behind the counter was nice and spoke English.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Having done extensive research throughout Italy, my family and I concluded that this was the best gelato we have tasted, we sampled many of the flavours during our stay in Levanto and found them all delicious. The signature Basillico e limone, was refreshing and tasty. I also tried date, which was gorgeous, better than any caramel. The almond was subtle but equally delicious. My husband said it was the best mint and combined with dark chocolate he was in heaven. My daughter said it was the best chocolate she has ever had. My son loved every flavour he had, I think he tried most. And even my youngest daughter, who is not a fan of ice cream as it is too cold, was even converted!
The lovely ladies serving were patient with our rubbish pronunciations.
If you are ever in Levanto you must visit, although it is well worth going to Levanto just to visit! Bravo

Date of visit: August 2018