“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Levanto
Agriturismo L'Erba Persa
Ranked #16 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Levanto
Switzerland
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place is what it claims to be. Not a hotel a family farm you can stay on. I stayed here for 5 nights with my parents and sister. I found the rooms clean and comfortable and a great place to stay. Here are my highlights.

Wifi - the wifi in the rooms is spotty, the apartment non existent but in the breakfast room and sitting outside in the garden it's a strong signal and very fast. We used FaceTime and downloaded iTunes perfectly fast.

Rooms- parents had the double with own bathroom and balcony, the shower was very small, the balcony was big and afternoon sun hits the room which is nice for slightly cold weather, I guess in summer it would be hot. We had the double in the front of the house. Much less sun, perfectly comfortable room with 2 outlets, mirror, small table and closet. Extra blankets. The walls are very thin so be warned.

Shared bathroom - bathroom was large with nice size shower. It's clean and you share with 3 rooms, we had no problems.

Amenities- as said no soap, towels were nice and Grazia offered every day to changed them out if we needed. In the apartment there is a washer but as we were in the house Grazia offered to do our laundry for us which was great she washed, dryer and folded all our clothes. There is a fridge and microwave for use in the common area which we used to store water and wine. There are not cooking facilities except for the apartment but we got food from the store across the street and ate our own dinner in the breakfast room 2 of the nights. Also Grazia can order pizza for delivery for you if you want.

Reception. - upon arrival Grazia have us a map and spent 45 minutes explaining the area and giving suggestions for restaurants and day trips she is happy to make phone calls for you to make reservations and whatnot

Animals- I love animals and we brought 2 dogs with us. If you do not like animals do not stay here. Sometimes there is barking, there are cats all over although not allowed into the house unless someone leaves the door open then they might get in an pee on the floor.

Location- it's really nice to be just outside the real tourist area of Cinque Terre. It's 4 min by train to the first city Monterosso but Levanto is full of surfers and a bit more local. Nice little beach and a few great restaurants and you can always catch a quick train to be of the five towns to explore during the day. Also if you drive it's nice to have a place to park.

I will definitely be back here and would recommend. Grazia asked us every day if we are ok and if she can do anything for us.

BTW- we donated 4 pairs of rain boots to the farm in case others are caught in nasty muddy weather you can use the boots. Sizes 38,37'39 and 43. We purchased them in venice during the flood and left them with Grazia with some big umbrellas.

Room Tip: There is 1 room with private bath and other rooms share.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank swismis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

It's beautiful!! Inside the nature, a lot of great and kind animal! Very relax side!
The owners Grazia&Claudio are very friendly, in this Agriturismo you can find all what you want, maps for hicking, suggestion about nice place to visit in Levanto, 5 terre, Portovenere, Genova, and out of Liguria like Florence, Pisa etc just asking...i stayed in Erba Persa many times! Specially when i want find quiet!
I repeat Perfect place! I Love it!!! =D

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

L'erba Persa was the most perfect place. We are vegans who love animals, and the horses, donkeys, dogs and cats gave us a gorgeous welcome, as did Grazia (and the whole family). A comfortable bed in the sweetest of rooms, and in a location which is perfect to see Cinque Terra. We could alk and trek in the madness and then come back to L'erba Persa for peace and plenty of space. We made friends with the other guests at the fabulous breakfast (which, yes, catered for vegans too). Grazia made us feel as though we were part of the family (without intruding). Levanto is a great town too. A magical experience. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: There are a few steps, but it is a heritage building and they will help with the luggage, so it isn...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jackafca
Cape Town
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We had a very restful week at Agriturismo l'erba Persa, and as some previous reviewers have mentioned, it is both enjoyable and important to get away from the crowds for a while. This place provided just that - a quiet week away from the throngs of tourists in other, more touristic parts of Italy. At night, the only audible sounds were the crickets in the field... In the morning, you wake up to church bells in the distance, and birdsong... no sounds of the city exist here. It is a very pastoral setting - this was something out of the ordinary for us on our trip so far, and all the better for it.

Both Grazia and her husband Claudio could not have been more helpful, and we were very grateful for their friendliness and their availability to offer any kind of advice (they are of course very knowledgable on the Cinque Terre and Liguria areas, but equally so on Rome, and Grazia provided us with a lot of information about some lesser known sights to see in Rome, thanks again for that Grazia).

As the name suggests, this is an Agriturismo - by definition, a combination of a farm and tourist habitation. Grazia and Claudio have interwoven these two aspects very well, as they are very hospitable, and even allowed us to enjoy the fresh vegetable produce from their garden. There are also many animals, both of the domestic and the farm variety. If you are an animal lover, you will likely be most happy in this environment.

We were also very grateful for the use of the bicycles, and on a few occasions we cycled along the old railway lines to the neighboring town of Bonassola (I highly recommend you cycle the same route, it is a very enjoyable and not-too-difficult stretch along the coast). Grazia also recommended that we take the bus to Portovenere, which I can again recommend as a must-see after you have experienced the salient points of the Cinque Terre.

Thanks again to Grazia and Claudio for a memorable time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 20, 2012

L'erba Persa was an enchanted fairyland and Grazia was the sweetest fairygodmother that one could ever hope for. Just a genuine jewel of a person who I shall remember forever. If I could retroactively change any of my trip, it would be to spend the majority of it with Grazia and Claudio. I felt so distant from hoards of tourists and bustling chaos that Italy can sometimes be. I awakened to sheep baaing , church bells and a lovely homemade breakfast. I would linger for sometimes quite a while to chat with Grazia about politics, nature, husbands...Then we jump on the bikes provided by our hosts and take off wherever the spirit moved us. The freest I felt in a long time.Location was great near enough to train and town and yet feeling rural and removed. The farm is a working farm and not a sterile hotel.

Room Tip: Loved the room with the terrace, what a quaint view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oregonwatergirl
Gatineau, Quebec
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location was great. An easy walk to the train station and beach area (10-20 minutes). Grazia was very nice and extremely helpful with suggestions for visiting Cinque Terre and surroundings and for recommending restaurants. We did not see much of Claudio but he seemed very pleasant too. The only major problem was the smell of the cats/cat litter (?) in the house. It was noticeable when we arrived and got worse on the second day. We were able to escape it in our large airy room. Also had a nice view from our room. Unfortunately the smell permeated the breakfast area and made it difficult for me to enjoy the lovely and generous breakfast. The Wifi did not work in the bedroom so had to deal with the odor in the main living area when I wanted to use it. Very rustic. Could use some paint and freshening up. It was situated on the outskirts of the town and not in the countryside as I had expected.
I could only really recommend this place to cat lovers who are willing to tolerate all that goes with them. Another guest mentionned while we were there that she found a "surprise" on their bathroom floor from a cat that got into their room! Despite all the positives about this place, I would not go back because of the smell. I'm surprised no one had mentionned this before.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FayGatineau_Quebec
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Gracia and Claudio are among the nicest hosts I've ever met. It was a beautiful time thanks to them.
Their home is so cosy, it just feels good to spend your time there. Everything is very easy, but at the same time its still upscale. I loved the marble-bathroom!
I felt like a guest to their family when I was there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends