“Awful service, average food”
Review of Trattoria Cavour

Trattoria Cavour
Ranked #17 of 74 Restaurants in Levanto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have had three vacations in Italy and this was the worst restaurant we have ever been to. Example, after ordering a bottle of wine they brought the customary bread to the table – which was stale. I asked for some olive oil – which this area is famous for – and I was told that it was “too expensive” to give out. Only provided when you ordered a salad! I pointed out that I had ordered a salad. They repeated it was not for the bread and only for the salad. After a mediocre salad, they delivered my wife’s main course and I had to wait 4- 5 minutes for mine to arrive. I recommend you try Antica Centro Trattora and Loggia – both excellent.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We loved our meal here and wished now we'd eaten there again. Their 'acchiuge con limone' (anchovies with lemon) was to die for!! I also had the mussels which were lovely. My husband had gattafin (a local Levantese specialty) and was very impressed and then had a pasta dish which he equally enjoyed.

The service was excellent and the wine was reasonably-priced. What more can you ask for? Great food, wine and service : this restaurant ticked all the boxes.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great seafood in a cosy restaurant with nice waitresses! Perfect place to dine! We went here several times during our stay in Levanto and it will be the first place we visit next time we are in Levanto!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Located in Piazza Cavour, this was perhaps one of the best seafood restaurants we had tried during our 2 week stay in Italy. Clams, mussels and shrimps were fresh, sweet and definitely cooked to perfection. Absolutely fantastic food!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was recommended by out hotel but it was disappointing. Service was dead slow. I didn't have a starter so my main course came with my husbands starter leaving him to eat on his own when his main dish arrived. Its the first time we have eaten stale hard bread in Italy! My pasta dish was very small and wash't as good as I can do at home. I wouldn't go again.

1  Thank Jonty1960