“A lovely place to relax”
Review of B & B La Zattera

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
B & B La Zattera
Ranked #45 of 51 Levanto B&B and Inns
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to relax”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our hostess at Zattera took us for 1 night at short notice in the high season. She was extremely welcoming, and the room was everything we needed- very clean and fresh, all in good working order. In July the heat is pretty extreme for people like ourselves from Ireland, but the room was cool and the garden blissfully shady under the vines. Levanto is a great place to stay if exploring Cinque Terre- out of the main tourist throng, yet minutes away by train. The B+B is away from the main beach area, which is a bonus. The beach and town are clean and plenty of good eating places to be found. A lovely relaxing holiday. Some very strange reviews on this site though!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Astana, Kazakhstan
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Friendly family run B&b. The house is pretty good as well as the small garden. Everything in order. Sometimes a bit noisy because the road, eg in the morning. Prices ok, compared to other places. The beach is about 800 m away, so not far, however we took bikes so we good go around Levanto and along the beach up to Bonassola. It was fun. A nice holiday.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in wonderful Levanto. The small and simple room (and a kitchen to use to make coffee or even to cook) was very loud. It's difficult to sleep here even with the window closed because of the car noise from the street. Service by the owners is basically inexisting, what they do is to ask cash in advance on arrival and to repeat all the "it is forbidden to..." signs the place is full of. I wouldn't reccomend a stay here, Levanto is full of good B&b with friendly people.

• Stayed September 2011

Travelers are raving about these Levanto hotels

Ireland
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Myself and my boyfriend based ourselves here for the cinque terre - where most accomodation was fully booked out. Its only a five minute walk to the train station which brings you right into the cinque terre. We didn;' see much of Levanto but it seemed like a typical holiday resort and one evening we had a lovely glass of wine in a beach bar watching the sunset. The owner of this establishment also speaks German and her daughter speaks excellent English. We had a very big and spacious bedroom with beautiful furniture and big bathroom. It was spotlessly clean. We also had use of a dining area and fridge. The breakfast was just fine and sufficient for our needs. Perhaps a little noisy with cars on the street but then most of Italy is the same - its a busy country. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire27
Nünberg
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I spent thee nigts at Zattera - but Iwill certainly not stay there again (unfortunately I booked via Internet 3 nights in advance) . I `d rather go to the yout hostel or the camp site.
On Zatteras web site you find nice pictures but most of the rooms are nothing like that. Mine was rather small and with the only window facing the very busy main street - just one yard away. Even with ear plugs I couldn`t sleep with the window open - much to loud. (With the window closed I still needed ear plugs). So it got a bit sticky inside and the matraces are the cheapest you can find anywhere. At least I managed to get up early - happy for the night being over. I asked them for another room but although people were checking out , they didn´t offer me one - fully booked was the answer I got. I didn`t have time and nerves for meaningfull discussions with them, so I left it there ( plus: I dont speak Italian and they only a little English)
The breakfast was not to exciting: cheap cheese, boring marmelade - no fresh rolls, no croissants, ...
From Zattera you have to walk about 20 minutes to the beach and for all the luxus they offer, they charged me 58 Euros a night (one peron).
The place is clean (artificial air refreshrer everywhrere - if you ike it) but apart form that I couldn`t find any advantages. My impression: they like your money but they don`t care to much about how you are.
My advice: Avoid staying there, at least make sure you get a room facing the back side but even there (the breakfast terrace and the garden are to the back too)it is pretty loud!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo