All reviewsthe ownerfew minutes driveon site restaurantcinque terreweek tourmodern hoteltrain stationperfect place to stayquiet arearooms are largethe ground floorfree parkingsoniatownstouristshostsboat
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I have stayed for 2 nights at Abetaia Hotel and I must say that is the best 2 days of my 15 days journey.
I do not know how to start! What can I say about the hostess! She makes as to feel more like our home. Even if she didn’t speak good English see try to make our stay the best.
What can I say about the room! Just see the pictures that I take from the room and as the Japanese say “one picture is like a thousand words”!
What can I say about the breakfast! One of the best in my trip! Everything looks so fresh and tasty and believe me they truly are. If you are lucky with the weather you will enjoy heaving your breakfast outside with the morning breeze.
As you see from other reviews everyone talking about the restaurant, I am not going to say a thing only that you must try it and you will remember everyone words.
Because I really like you guys I must say now two negatives, one about the hotel and one for the restaurant.
The only negative that someone might find it as negative is the distance from Levanto. It is a little far away from Levanto (about 15 minutes by car) and the road from Abetaia to Levanto is very “snaky”! I must say that this isn’t a negative for me but for somebody else this might be a problem. I also want to say at this point that there is a parking outside the train station in Levanto that costs if I am sure 1,5 euros per hour. I am writing that because I stay at Levanto just to visit Cinque Terre. Also the Abetaia has free parking and free internet.
The negative about the restaurant is that I thing you mustn’t serve frozen French fries and that you must serve fresh cut potatoes. You have a very nice restaurant just look the details you want loose!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael-TCS
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Went for my 30th birthday with my girlfriend. Absolutely superb. The hotel itself, the location, the staff, everything. Away from the main tourist locations (which for me was much appreciated) but near enough to be there in a super quick car journey.
And the restaurant in the grounds is honestly one of the best i have EVER been to.
Seriously.
A total reccomendation! Can't wait to go back again!

2  Thank RafarrelliSchactelli
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We stayed for two nights at Hotel Abetaia and it was one of the best hotels we stayed in during our week long trip. Lovely quiet location, great room, great service and you must eat in the restaurant which was packed with locals when we were there. Difficult to find, our sat nav struggled, but worth it when you get there!

2  Thank NYHel
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Our experience at Hotel Abetaia was simply fantastic! The service was definitely 10 out of 10, you were made to feel very welcomed and special! The room was stunning, very trendy and comfortable. Beautiful location, lots of trees and quiet location.
The Restaurant is out of this world! The food and service was just amazing! Our host, the owner of the hotel, gave excellent service, he even gave us a lift to the train station on the day we were leaving! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay at your "Beautiful Hidden Treasure" and we certainly will be back one day!

2  Thank Lynda87
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful! My family can't say enough positive things about this place. From the moment we arrived at the train station to the moment we left. They made sure we felt at home. They offer a shuttle service to and from the station in Levanto. It is completely worth staying here, outside of the city bustle to experience the calmness of the Cinque Terre area. This hotel is located in the hills and gives you a relaxing stay. Even though we didn't speak much Italian (little in fact), they went out of their way to communicate in English with us and make sure everything was what we expected.

Make sure to eat at the restaurant that is located on site. You have to make reservations-- but it is totally worth it!!! It is true Italian homemade dining. They hand make all their noodles and make sure you know what you are ordering. Very memorable experience!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family