All reviewsthe ownerfew minutes driveon site restaurantcinque terreweek tourmodern hoteltrain stationperfect place to stayquiet arearooms are largethe ground floorfree parkingsoniatownstouristshostsboat
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This was the first of 4 B&Bs on our honeymoon in Italy, and was the most modern and over all comfortable of the 4. The restaurant was our favorite of any we visited on the trip, and if you don't know what to pick, trust their recommendation. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty as well. They are definitely out of town, so if you don't have your own car expect to require a taxi or the owners do a shuttle service as well as time allows. This distance does make it much quieter than one in town is likely to be though, which we appreciate.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Stayed in Hotel Abetaia in June of this year with the view of visiting the Cinque Terre and other areas along the coast. On arrival we were enthusiastically greeted by the owner and shown to our room. The room was very modern and spacious, with a lovely balcony to relax on. There was also sitting areas within the grounds to relax should your room not have a balcony. Breakfast was included, although I got the impression that they didn't replenish the food and once it was done it was done (but this is fine, it is after all only a small hotel!!).

The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from Levanto itself - you probably would need a car, although I have read that the hotel has a shuutle bus - so handy to get to the train station to travel around. The owners are also very helpful in that they will give you as much info as you need regarding how to get to places etc.

Would definetly return should I be in this part of Italy again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I don't give out 5-star ratings as a general rule, but Hotel Abetaia earned the highest review I have written in connection with my 3+ week tour of Italy. We liked the hotel the moment we arrived and immediately changed our itinerary so we could stay one extra night. I'm including a picture of Sonia, the hard-working and sweet front desk clerk. Her dedication to clients is apparent in everything she does. The hotel has laundry facilities for use by guests and Sonia even offered to wash and hang a load of clothes for me! While I did not take her up on her offer, I certainly appreciated her willingness to go to such lengths to help.

Everything at Hotel Abetaia is artfully done. The rooms are beautiful and modern in design, the grounds are immaculately groomed, and breakfast each morning is a picture. For instance, small things, like the way fruit is displayed uniquely every morning, make for a memorable breakfast experience.

I will definitely stay at Hotel Abetaia again on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martigold
Reviewed September 14, 2011

By coincidence we found this amazing place. We went there for the recommended restaurant and found a beautiful place to stay at the same time. Stayed for 2 nights, superb rooms, minimalistic but warm at the same time, superb and personal service by the family that own and operate the hotel and restaurant which is highly recommended as well. The only thing missing was a swimming pool, which is planed.
The owner went into the garden at 23 hours at night to bring fresh mint for my wife`s Mojito. Will never be forgotten!
From the
Norwegian couple

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We loved our time at Hotel Abetaia. The location is so relaxing. After travelling around Europe it was so nice to get away from the crowds. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were really nice. I would really recommend this hotel to guests who have transport. The only downside was we felt a little isolated but if you are happy to pay for taxi service or if you are happy to relax with a book away from the crowds then this is the ideal place. Had read on 'trip advisor" that there was a courier twice a day but this wasn't offered but we were provided with a free taxi to pick us up from the railway station the day we arrived. We are still really glad we stayed there and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple