All reviews the owner few minutes drive on site restaurant cinque terre week tour modern hotel train station perfect place to stay quiet area rooms are large the ground floor free parking sonia towns tourists hosts boat
Reviewed November 1, 2010

What a welcome oasis! This modern hotel on the outskirts of Levanto is the perfect launch into the Cinque Terre. The rooms new with wonderfully comfortable beds, a real treat in Italy. The only thing more outstanding than the hotel itself were the genial owners and staff. We had our own transport, and after finding easy parking boarded the train to enjoy the Cinque Terre.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2010

this is an excellent place and an excellent hotel.the rooms are new and modern,the breakfest is very good and the owners are lovely and friendly.they have a very good restorant for diner

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I chose this hotel because their prices were a tad lower than those at Cinque Terre and we would be getting a much higher quality for our money than at Cinque Terre. It really is a beautiful hotel, very modern and wonderfully designed. The breakfast they served was the best hotel breakfast I've ever had (chocolate croissants, fresh strawberries and fruits, good bread, eggs, ham, cheese, etc) - not a huge choice but really good quality stuff. Service was also good.

However, due to their location (10-15mins by car to Levanto via a very windy road up the hill) it is not really suitable for guests who don't have their own transportation. I had the impression that they would have a more frequent shuttle service to Levanto, but it is only once at 9:30am and once around 6:30-7pm. If you want to leave at other times, you would need to get their taxi service which is 10 Euros each way (if I remember right) and you will need to arrange and wait till they arrive, but they were always happy to accommodate your required time. We paid 50 Euros in total for the taxi services for our 3 night stay, took their shuttle only twice because it was really too early and you won't be able to sleep in or have dinner in the town.

I guess that is a small price to pay for the high quality of accommodation you get in return, but it might be inconvenient for many.

As for the restaurant that everyone raved about here, I must say it was a disappointment. The inside of the restaurant was pretty special. But the food was just ok, not that great. Another downside, the waitress was really stressed and on a mission (the restaurant was full) I guess sitting next to the kitchen door didn't help! It made me feel like too much was going on and I couldn't really relax and just enjoy the dinner. And when we were done with our food and wanted to get the bill, we had to ask for it numerous times (said waitress serving our table had disappeared), and we waited a long time. When we finally got the bill, it wasn't itemized, just a final number.

To close on a good note, the hotel is really something special, and if you have a car or just want a relaxing getaway weekend - no tourist village hopping - this is the place to go! The service is great, and the owners are a young surfing couple who are really nice. The restaurant is worth a try since you're living there already, maybe you'll have better luck than me!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kaivalya
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I have stayed for 2 nights at Abetaia Hotel and I must say that is the best 2 days of my 15 days journey.
I do not know how to start! What can I say about the hostess! She makes as to feel more like our home. Even if she didn’t speak good English see try to make our stay the best.
What can I say about the room! Just see the pictures that I take from the room and as the Japanese say “one picture is like a thousand words”!
What can I say about the breakfast! One of the best in my trip! Everything looks so fresh and tasty and believe me they truly are. If you are lucky with the weather you will enjoy heaving your breakfast outside with the morning breeze.
As you see from other reviews everyone talking about the restaurant, I am not going to say a thing only that you must try it and you will remember everyone words.
Because I really like you guys I must say now two negatives, one about the hotel and one for the restaurant.
The only negative that someone might find it as negative is the distance from Levanto. It is a little far away from Levanto (about 15 minutes by car) and the road from Abetaia to Levanto is very “snaky”! I must say that this isn’t a negative for me but for somebody else this might be a problem. I also want to say at this point that there is a parking outside the train station in Levanto that costs if I am sure 1,5 euros per hour. I am writing that because I stay at Levanto just to visit Cinque Terre. Also the Abetaia has free parking and free internet.
The negative about the restaurant is that I thing you mustn’t serve frozen French fries and that you must serve fresh cut potatoes. You have a very nice restaurant just look the details you want loose!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael-TCS
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Went for my 30th birthday with my girlfriend. Absolutely superb. The hotel itself, the location, the staff, everything. Away from the main tourist locations (which for me was much appreciated) but near enough to be there in a super quick car journey.
And the restaurant in the grounds is honestly one of the best i have EVER been to.
Seriously.
A total reccomendation! Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple