“Needs a bit of a fave lift” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Park Hotel & Terme Romantica
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sant'Angelo
Sydney, Australia
“Needs a bit of a fave lift”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2008

We were swayed to stay at the hotel from the reviews on Tripadvisor and also the hotel's website. When we got there we were not overly excited about our room (we were even in an "upgraded" room - don't know what the basic rooms would have been like!). They were a decent size, but just not very welcoming.
Anyway, we were not here to stay in the room, so we were hoping that the pools were going to be better. We really were not impressed, as most of the pools (with the exception of the one pool down the front, with the statue of the lying down lady) had tiles falling off, and were just in a real need of some work. I didn't feel they were clean, and to tell you the truth, I did not see anyone doing any 'cleaning' of the pools in the 7 days that we were there!
I wouldn't rush back to Romantica, but we loved the Sant'Angelo region, and would definitely think about going there again.

• Liked — Not all that much really!
  • Disliked — The pools and rooms need a major overhaul!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chairman1963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2008

Hotel Romantica is a little paradise, the more relaxing holiday I've ever had, in an idyllic location. You get a wonderful view on the sea, a beatiful park surrounded by olive trees and vineyards, and a *perfect* quiet.

The rooms, pools etc. are scattered on the side of a steep hill overlooking Sant'Angelo. So you may have more than 200 guests, but beside the meals you never meet more than 10/20 people, and very often much less than it (there's a pool where you can often swim alone, but I'll let you discover which one :-),

The meals are pretty good, the spa treatments are a must if you want to pamper yourself, and I advice strongly to try the "snacks" at lunch on the bar terrace, where you can get wonderful sea food looking at the sea. Also, don't forget to ask Salvatore, the barman, one of his cocktails!

Lest but not least, the price/quality ratio is impressive: Romantica offers a luxury holiday for an average price.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

I spend as a tourguide for 15 insurance manager from Prague a week in the hotel romantica. We enjoied the termal pools and great cusine and we loved the evenings at the bar. The bar keeper do what you want and is still for you there. We very appreciated that the waiters and other people servising us came from Italy and also tha fact that the guests are mostly comming from Italy or Germany (tipical for Ischia). We hope to be back with a bigger group in the near future.
Marek

• Liked — location and pool
  • Disliked — distance from tehe sea
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

I was blessed to have stayed at the Hotel Romantica for 20 days.

It was the BEST hotel stay in my travels all over the world.

The dedication of the staff to all guests was superior to what I have ever experienced.

The food was abundantly served and delicious. Often we were served vegetables grown on the Island itself. The fish dishes were sumptuous.

The thermal pools were, indeed, curative. I felt relaxed and BETTER than when I had arrived! There are many spa treatments available, as well. Ischia is FAMOUS for its "MUD".

It is a jovial atmosphere and has beautiful views, as it is set on a promontory over S'Ant Angelo, the small town below. It is walking distance to the town and the many possible beaches to enjoy. The town is a very quaint fishing villlage with a touch of sophistication and lovely shopping!!!! The jewelery store "La Corallina" is wonderful..

The linens and towels were of superior quality.

You will have an unforgettable vacation! The memories will last you a LIFETIME!

Anya Cristina Stout and [-]

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Angelimage
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

July, 6, 2008
Ludmila, Moscow

Just yesterday I returned back from my trip to Italy, Ischia, Sant Angelo , Hotel Romantica.

It was not my first trip to Italy, but the very first one to the South of the country. This particular Hotel was advised to me by one of my Italian friends, who had visited it many time and was very impressed with it. So, I followed his advice and decided to spend my 2 weeks vacation over there.
From the very beginning I faced a problem because ALITALIA did not deliver my luggage in time so I felt a bit lost in the place where I knew nobody. But not in Romantica! People at the reception were very kind to me and very helpful both in accommodation and research of the luggage that finally arrived to my hands.
Speaking about the Hotel itself I can say that it is very comfortable place with all its swimming pools, small restaurants, good food, comfortable rooms and very friendly staff.
The special issue of this place is its SPA service. I had the fango (mud treatment) and massages that resulted not in only good feeling bur also in loosing 2 kilos of weight, due to the excess water in the body coming out during the procedure. I realized how effective this treatment is when I watched the young lady coming out of a taxi with the help of the pair of crutches (as far as I understood she had a leg broken) and after 10 days time I saw her again dancing during one of the gala party in the Hotel.
Now I can say that it was my first but not last trip to this place, because in addition to all I said earlier the quality-price ratio is really very impressive.
Thank you to everybody in Romanica who is working so hard to make our vacations pleasant and successful!

I send my love to Italy, Ischia, Sant Angelo, Hotel Romantica.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

My wife and I have been to Park Hotel and Terme Romantica in San Angelo, Ischia for six consecutive years for a stay of three weeks on each occasion. It is the most relaxing place for a holiday we have found in Europe with a record of sunny weather on most days. On these visits we have met many regular guests who discovered the special qualities of the Hotel Romantica many decades ago and who return year after year. There are many reasons for our sustained attraction that we will describe briefly.

Many large hotels these days accommodate guests in high-rise towers in busy locations where the atmosphere resembles a mass production process. The Romantica is different. A major feature is the special location. The Hotel accommodates over 200 guests in a natural park setting shaped like a very large amphitheatre located on the south slope of the extinct volcano Epomeo. The Hotel Park is a secluded private area with secure boundaries and the guest rooms are spread comfortably through the Park in clusters. The Park is bounded to the south by the sea and the small fishing village of San Angelo that is reached by an easy ten minute walk down 150 metres or by the free hotel shuttle. The north of the amphitheatre rises steeply and is covered with natural Mediterranean vegetation. To the east and west are small family vineyards and olive groves. In the Romantica Park one never feels crowded as the guest rooms are scattered amid trees, planted flower-beds and natural vegetation – with many facilities all easily accessible on foot. Major features are the 13 pools supplied with mineral-rich hot water of varying temperatures that is constantly being changed by the supply from the earth. Most of the pools are in the open air and are laid out conveniently for guests to move from one to another. They have a classical Mediterranean style with marble-style terraces, palm trees, covered and uncovered areas and they are well supplied with sun-beds, mattresses and sun umbrellas. One can relax in and around these beautiful pools while enjoying the distant views of the natural environment on all sides. These pool facilities are all included in the price of the room and one never feels crowded. The Hotel also offers a wide variety of spa treatments including mud, massage and other therapies under medical supervision at the going rate.

The hotel is owned and operated by the Rossi family that built the Park 45 years ago. The friendly family atmosphere is maintained. The management and staff are warm and welcoming to new and repeat guests and speak Italian, German and English. The facilities include indoor and outdoor bars, relaxing areas for reading and Hi-Fi. Sports facilities include tennis courts, 5-side football, ping-pong, bicycles etc. Free gymnastic classes are offered daily both on the ground and in the water. The rooms are well cleaned daily and linen changed frequently. Many rooms have their own private balconies.

Meals and menus in the restaurant are excellent with personal waiter service, a different daily menu with multiple choices including vegetarian in each of 3 courses. If one wants something different it is available on request. The meal service is first-class and has a wide choice of wines. The Gala Dinner occasions are special with local traditional music.

There are many opportunities for private excursions by foot or by bus or with organized trips to other historic and charming locations on Ischia, Capri and the Mainland.

We have had no negative experiences. The friendly atmosphere among staff in this idyllic setting are the outstanding features which are quickly picked up and reflected by the guests. We shall continue to come each year for three weeks superb holiday.

Retired English/Canadian couple living in Europe
23 May 2008

• Stayed May 2008
MILAN, ITALY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2008

Since 1995 I spent every year 2 weeks at this excellent hotel and
had great benefits from the thermal treatments. Beside the wonderful location, above all. I was impressed by the professional attitude and attention of all the staff, starting from the reception , the restaurant where I could choose different meals , also being a vegetarian , the kind staff of the thermal aerea, everybody always smiling and with a personal word to teh guest. I lost my husband 2 years ago, he also was very fond of this place and his last wish was to be able to go for the last time to the Romantica, unfortunately death came before! I booked now for this year, really happy to go back, as you feel at home at the Romantica ! Dr. Raab Margarethe

Stayed June 2005
2 Thank CHRISTIAN42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Angelo
Hotel Residence Sant'Angelo
Hotel Terme San Michele
#5 of 15 in Sant'Angelo
Punta Chiarito Resort Hotel Ristorante
Hotel Residence Torre Sant'Angelo

Been to Park Hotel & Terme Romantica? Share your experiences!