“Perfect Italian evening”

Ranked #18 of 18 Restaurants in Sant'Angelo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My wife and I visited Dal Pescatore in December. It was a fantastic evening, and the food, service, ambience, and welcome were all at very high levels.

The place is beautiful, but in the middle of nowhere. We came just for the meal, and stayed at 9 Muse B&B, which was perfect - very nice people. We were warmly welcomed, and we had a lovely table, although they all looked nice. My wife and I chose different tasting menus, and most dishes were excellent, with a couple of goods, and one average. Highlights included saffron risotto, pumpkin ravioli, and a passionfruit souffle.

Service was sublime all evening, with the owner visitng us regulalry, and an extremely competent young waiter (Francesco I think) who made our evening even better. I would definitely visit again. 9/10.

2  Thank Paice

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We were here on a quiet night, and got one of the tables with a panormaic view to the harbour of San Angelo. The waiter was very attentive and did a good job. Food was okay, but a bit pricy. The desserts were very good, above all the crostata with berries and fruit.

1  Thank abcnord
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We had a good meal at Pescatore--nothing spectacular, but nice. Larger-than-expected portions and desserts are HUGE--even by American standards. They include the cover charge and, personally, I'd rather go back to tipping.

The restaurant sits on the piazza, and I imagine it's quite nice in the summer. We were there a week before Easter and it was pretty empty.

Nothing really wrong with it, but when we looked at the total cost, it was a bit of a let-down. There are better and less-expensive options out there.

2  Thank NoVAdiver
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I have been coming to Sant'Angelo for the last five years and every year I visit Dal Pescatore. I end up spending most mornings and evening in this fantastic place. This is definatley one of the best places to eat in Sant' Angelo. Even though it is not the cheapest place to be, it is worth it.The atmosphere and friendliness of all the staff never fail to make it special. It is in the centre of the piazza right next to the small harbour. If you go to Ischia you have to visit.

2  Thank joannakate
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I had dinner with my girlfriend on the 25th April 2009. We enjoyed very much the food and the relaxing atmosphere on the terrace located in front of the small harbour of sant'Angelo. The linguine all'astice were very nice, the carpaccio di tonno was superb, and the dessert delicious. Good service and a reasonable price for the a unique experience in the ischia island. Luca

2  Thank fortunato_paris