“Charming place to stay”

Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Ischia
Chicago, Illinois
“Charming place to stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a two day trip to ischia during the off season of this highly recommended tourist destination. It is ideally located within walking distance from many places. The spa was closed because it was winter but there was a long list of treatments offered.
The room itself was nice, spacious. The bed felt like foam that sags beneath you. I happen to like that, my husband doesn't. The bathroom was clean but the fan made such a horrible noise we had to keep the light off most of the time (you can't have the light without the fan).
I've read complaints that the staff wasn't always at the front desk and this was a problem when they were needed. It's true that the reception was empty a lot but it WAS the off season when we were there and we didn't need the manager that often.
I feel we got more than we paid for and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Prague
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I spent there 2 nights with my friends this January. I didn't expect that the first day of our stay while checking in was the last day when we saw the receptionist. Signora Lucia (the owner) was present too but when she spoke to me it seemed that she was looking thru me with indifference that hardly could be describable. The rooms were quite spacious and there was a nice balcony too. The suprise came the other day when we walked down for the breakfast. The only live creature we met was a grouchy dog who slept on a couch and barked at us until we left the building. When we returned to the hotel in the evening it was empty too. Anyone could take the keys from our room and take anything they would like. The other day we met only a helpful maid who told us how to use the air con. Thank god I speak Italian a bit! The other day the reception was empty too - even dog was missing - and we better hid the keys under the pillow in the reception. . On the moring we left we had to put our money in an envelope a put it on the receptiononist's desk. If there was staff present and breakfast served which we paid for, it would be a nice hotel. I loved Ischia but cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Heathcliff1975
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2006

We spent 6 nights at the beginning of April in this small, family run hotel. It is located about 15´walk from the port of Ischia and has a bus stop which is served by all the important lines right outside the hotel, which makes it an ideal base to travel around the island.
The rooms were surprisingly large, with an also large balcony.
The walls are rather thin, so a noisy room neighbour may become annoying. Every day the room was carefully cleaned, towels were changed and beds were made. All of the staff were helpful and friendly. Due to the early season the pool was not yet to be used, but the so called "beauty room" offered a wide range of massages and cosmetic treatments.
Breakfast was simple but OK.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Ischia hotels
Hotel Ulisse
Hotel San Valentino Terme
Hotel Rivamare
Hotel Rivamare
#4 of 70 in Ischia

Been to Hotel Annabelle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Annabelle

Property: Hotel Annabelle
Address: Via Federico Variopinto 6, 80077, Ischia, Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Location: Italy > Campania > Province of Naples > Isola d'Ischia > Ischia
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#7 Romantic Hotel in Ischia
#9 Family Hotel in Ischia
#9 On the Beach Hotel in Ischia
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Annabelle 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Annabelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Annabelle Hotel Ischia