“Parco Cartaromana is great, would definitely stay again.”

Hotel Parco Cartaromana
Ranked #14 of 70 Hotels in Ischia
London
“Parco Cartaromana is great, would definitely stay again.”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Parco Cartaromana for 9 nights in July and August, and loved it. It was our first time in Ischia, and we wanted to do the holiday on a small a budget as possible, so I didn't quite know what to expect from the hotel. We booked a b&b stay (the cheapest option possible), with no air con and without a sea view (again, the cheapest option). When I placed the booking online, I requested a nice view if possible, and on arriving we were shown to a lovely room with a beautiful sea view and a view of the castle. Unfortunately, that room had flooded due to a problem in the bathroom, but we were quickly given a bigger room, but unfortunately without a sea view. This was no bother as the room was lovely (clean and comfortable) and although we were offered our original room the next day, we stayed in the bigger room for the rest of the stay.

The staff were very helpful in telling us where the best beaches and restaurants were - we were given a map of the island, street map of Ischia Ponte and Ischia Porto, and a bus timetable for buses to Ischia Porto and back, which came in very handy. We also bought all our bus tickets from reception. As it happened, the beaches on Ischia were very packed, and we found it a lot more relaxing to sunbathe by the pool in the day. 3 pools by the way, all great.

The hotel is in a great location, just a 10 minute (maybe less) walk from the centre of Ischia Ponte, which has some great restaurants. As we were only on b&b with the hotel, we ate in Ischia Ponte and Ischia Porto every night. The area is very safe and quiet, and the views are just beautiful.

At the end of our stay, we paid in cash with no problems, and left for Ischia Porto on the bus to catch our hydrofoil to Naples. When buying our tickets, we bumped into Marianna, who had come all the way down from the hotel to give me my house keys, which I had left behind in the room! I would have been mortified if I had lost them, and am so grateful to Marianna for bringing them all the way down to me, which she did not have to do!

Parco Cartoromana was a great hotel, with great staff, and if I ever return to Ischia (which I sincerely hope I do), I will be staying here.

• Liked — The views and the pool
  • Disliked — The hill coming back from town, but there is a bus!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank summer022

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hungarian first
Bucharest
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We have just arrived arrived from our 7 day holliday that we have chosen to spend in Italy.Beautiful location Ischia, better than Capri in my oppinion, hotel ammenities very good, we had a room with a sea view (that of couse we have paid extra for), sauna, pool, indoor pool, a small thermal pool.
We had half board, the food was quite ok, although one could sence frozen meat or vegetables.
The hotel staff didn't speak English, I guesss they only understood or didn't wanna speak it. We more than understood Italian than spoke it. Anyway, their behaviour was rather bad if not the worst that what i've experienced before in any of my trips .

If you are Romanians, think twice before choosing this hotel, they are not used to accomodate Romanian tourists, they don't belive Romanians could be tourists, asfore Romanian are working there. There is no respect for the Romanians, they were suspicious for us not paying for the accomodation. The receptionist, Marianna, didn't know how to use the pos machine, blocking our credit card three (3) times shouting so that everybody sitting by the pool to hear, that we didn't have enought money on it, or that we do not authorise the payment.We had to call our bank and on , untill fortunately, by the end, a colleague of her's showed her how to use it. But the bad had been done, you can't just describe the feeling one could have when being injusticed. - made me cry for instance

Otherwise, the position of the hotel is very good, very quite, the bus stops nearby, the island is very,very beatiful. The thermae, we've only been to Giardini Poseidon, are wonderful., San'Angelo also. Ishia's position is very good to visit Capri, Amalfi , Positiano, Isole Ventiene, by boat (traghetto as they say). It is a very popular holiday place for the Italians, and they surely know what's best, isnt't it ?

The "Costiera Amalfitana" is the best coastline i've ever seen, i'll search the web to find a better one (because we like very much islands) and if i don't find any better i will come back.... Even though i am Romanian.....

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — staff excepting bartender
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed October 2, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Parco Cartaromana hotel for five nights and we really enjoyed our stay. Initially we were skeptical because the hotel is located high up, away from the sea. However, there is a bus stop right out side the hotel that takes you straight to Porto. Plus the spectacular view of the castle and sea makes it worth the bus journeys. You can buy a weekly bus ticket from the local tobacco shops for only €15 and you can use it on all buses around the island.

The room we stayed in didn't have a sea view but it was clean and cozy. We were traveling on a low budget and the hotel was better than we were expecting it to be.

Guests at the hotel were mainly Italian tourists although there was a few other nationalities. We preferred it this way as the whole experience felt more authentic.

The main swimming pool is very nice and most days there were only a handful of people lounging by it so it was very quiet and relaxing. The indoor thermal pool is also lovely to swim in.

Breakfast at the hotel was good enough. A choice of Italian croissants, rolls, cereal, cake, etc. The second hotel we stayed at had the same breakfast so I think it's what most budget hotels offer.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very relaxing, scenic, and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and although they didn't speak much English they tried their best to answer our questions.

If you want to experience Ischia on a low budget I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Adelk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 22, 2005

My wife, I and our 2 boys - aged 6 and 9 stayed here for 4 nights in July 2005.

Best points - there is a lovely view of the Castello from most points on the property (but only a few of the rooms, as best I can judge), the staff are very friendly and helpful and the rate seems reasonable (we paid 60 euro per person including all taxes and breakfast with 50% off for each child DIRECT from the hotel). The room was spacious and clean and the beds reasonably comfortable (although the double bed was 2 singles pushed together).

Worst points - the breakfast is very ordinary (not so bad if you are an adult, but hard with kids) - no cereals, just cakes, custard croissants, bread, rolls, jam, cheese, ham and coffee etc. We were offered half or full board but declined. Although we ate lunch the day we arrived, we were happy to have opted out of the food. The pasta - according to my wife - was about the worst she'd been served in about 3 weeks in italy - and my fish was very very ordinary. So...by all means try the food (its convenient as it will take 10/15 minuts to walk to Ischia Ponte) but best to avoid binding yourself to the meal package before trying. Having said that...I should add by way of fairness that the place was packed with a largely Italian clientele who seemed always to eat there at lunchtime. Whilst the standard overall (particularly having regard to the facilities and the price) is very good for a 3 star, there is a lot of missing attention to detail: in our room there were no paintings/prints, a light fitting was missing and holes drilled in the wrong place for curtain rods had not been plugged and covered. The hotel seems also to have been renovated and updated somehwat haphazardly and inconsistently over the years so stylistally it presents as a bit disjointed.

So...for us, quirky acceptability rather than charm. Nevertheless warm staff and good value for money.

Would we go back? Maybe...but we'd check other options first.

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 9, 2005

just spent a week at this hotel, and found it excellent value. English is a bit scarce there but not a problem as receptionists Maria and Annabella ( the latter at sister hotel Noris near the port and shopping area) can be rustled up quickly. if you have a little Italian as I do, its easy. The facilities, pools etc, are very good for a 3 star, and of course, being Italy, cleanliness is the order of the day.A family run hotel, the food is fine with snappy service at all times. Mostly italian clientele which adds to the athmosphere. the location has lovely views of the castello below, which tells you that the hotel is a bit uphill. No sweat, the two local bus stop outside, and at 15 euro ticket with unlimited trips for a week there's no need to walk up.
Ischia itself is just lovely. treat yourself to a spa experience -- its great. Also the lovely little island of Procida is minutes away -- a nice half day trip. And with Capri on the horizon, what could be better?

Ischia ---- you'll want to return. I do.

7 Thank killestercouple