Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Castello Aragonese
from $224.70
More Info
All reviews stunning views torture museum interesting history bay of naples walk up self guided tour points of interest entrance fee well worth the visit walk around couple of hours ticket office few hours lift takes highest point lovely cafe every corner
Reviewed 1 week ago

If I only had one place to visit while in Ischia I'd choose Castello Aragonese. Sure, the views from many parts of the island are amazing, like from Mt. Epomeo, but the Castello is the crown jewel attraction. The castle is also rich in history and stories of intrigue by the former inhabitants. One of my favorite spots on the "big rock" is the Chiesa di S. Pietro a Pantaniello. Aragonese has a handful of churches on it but Pietro is special to me because of the acoustics. When you visit, stand in the middle of the room and sing! You'll be amazed at how wonderful you sound (or not *laughs*). There's no shortage of information about the castle here on Trip Advisor so I won't add all the historical notes stated by others. But if you only have a half day on the islands and don't know where to go, visit Castello Aragonese, stroll inside the walls and imagine you own the whole place. I did, and it felt GREAT!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed seeing the various rooms and courtyards. the views are lovely. There is an elevator for those unable to walk up.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

For me the 45 minute walk was a relatively short walk, I was able to see some beautiful churches as I made my way to the Castello.

When I arrived this place certainly didn’t disappoint, it was the most stunning place to visit and the views over the bay of Naples were breathtaking especially from the cafeteria.

This is definitely a must if you are visiting Ischia....what a beautiful place!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Allow plenty of time as there is a lot to see and some fantastic views. On a hot day I recommend taking the lift.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We loved the ferry to and fro and enjoyed the easy walk to the Castle itself. Once inside the interesting castle there is quite a lot of hiking up and down. Don't miss the small armory museum at the end which has an extremely evocative torture section. English information is provided, and note that this place is cash only.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Worth popping up for the view and tranquility alone. Enjoyed the English translated pamphlet we received which made a wee tour on our own easy. We visited the cafe near the nuns monastery/ church which served superb cake (orange cake and chocolate cake both delicious) and a lovely cappuccino in perfect surroundings.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Did this on our last day - loved it. Ensure you have comfortable shoes on! If walking up be prepared...it is not for the fainthearted!!!!! It is much bigger up above than expected. We were disappointed by the top bar/terrace - views out on to the Med. We found the lower cafe just near the lift has much better/more interesting views over Ponte itself.

Definitely a must if in Ischia.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is an incredible monument dating from the fifth century and is a must see destination.You should take at least a half day to explore The views from all around are worth the climb

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This location is near the Ischia Port center ... near I mean 5 minutes by taxi or bus.
You have there a beautiful bridge to access to the castle. I recommand it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Impressive castle in a beautiful place! Unfortunately I felt that much of the historical arti facts had been replaced with modernism and so removed the expectation anticipated. Beautiful gardens but much of the castle was closed to the public. The most outstanding thing was the spectacular views but you can get this by walks around all of Ischia without having to pay €10 to see them!