“ The best fresh seafood in Ischia”
Review of Bagno Tre Stelle

Bagno Tre Stelle
Ranked #4 of 161 Restaurants in Ischia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Ilario runs a top notch establishment that serves the freshest seafood and beautiful, typical dishes of the region. Bagno Tre Stelle is a must stop in Ischia!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

The first thing of this place that strikes is the view onto the sea and beach (which is cleared of sunbeds etc. at dinner time). In July, during the week, this place is not too busy and we felt we enjoyed a very relaxing dinner.

We took the table nearest to the beach...and it felt like eating on the beach! The beach was also deserted which was great to enjoy views and time passing by.

The food they serve belongs to genuine, no-frills Italian cuisine: simple, healthy and tasty. I had cannelloni and a great grilled swordfish steak with chips. We also tasted their cheesecake, which was lovely. They serve great cocktails too. Prices are honest.

So, I would greatly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

I believe 2 guys own this cute place but one guy doesn’t like to smile and the other is happy and friendly. Don’t get me wrong..the guy that doesn’t smile is still kind....he just doesn’t smile. I tried to get a laugh or smile but that didn’t work. The food was amazing and we bought chairs in front cause I was determined to get a . Nope never got one! Anyways if you want great food in front of solemar terme hotel at a great price go here! Please see if you can get a smile!!!

1  Thank Temsumbum
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Lovely view at the sea & good food for a good price! Also the staff is very kind en helpfull. We recomend this place:)

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

The whistle blew as we entered Bagno Tre Stelle.

‘What have we here?’ I mused. ‘Brazil vs. Mexico isn’t on for another two hours.’

Our answers (first in the immediate sense, later emotionally and spiritually) came from a whistle-toting waiter who emerged into our midst. He was flanked by an animated Spanish family, accusing yours truly of stealing their table.

It may be twelve years since I took a GCSE in their tongue, but this discourse was universal. They were calling for a review. Faced with vitriol saltier than the frutti di mare, he relented. A delicate flick of the wrists; a square drawn in the sky. VAR.

A silence ensued between ourselves and the Spanish family. The wedge between us grew thicker than the exquisite bean soup that my vegan love would later order. How could I diffuse this situation? As ever, I searched the annals of history for guidance.

During the Christmas Truce, football was played as respite from conflict. But what if football was being utilised in a proxy war? And what if that proxy war took place in a rustic seaside restaurant with an enviable range of regional specialities?

In the end, I suggested we all had an Aperol Spritz and waited for the review. I’m not one prone to exaggeration, but it was an act of nuanced diplomacy equal to - or greater than - everything that American basketball lad (Dennis?) does in North Korea.

After what seemed like an eternity, the waiter put us out of our misery: ‘The English family were behind their Spanish counterparts when they asked for a table for two in flawless Italian. By focusing on the offside trap, the Spanish family lost sight of the attack. Yellow card for dissent.’

We were ushered to the safety of a table for two. The sea winked at us in a manner resonant of Cristiano Ronaldo in 2006. It wasn’t lost on our waiter, our saviour.

‘My name is [forgot - say hi if you’re reading this!]. I learn English from Match of the Day,’ he sang, handing us a regular menu on yellow card, and a vegan menu on red card.

‘Thank you,’ I fawned. ‘What would you recommend?’

‘It’s a menu of two halves,’ he began, holding a hand up to silence an imaginary, tetchy Alan Shearer. ‘At the end of the day the boys [in the kitchen] have done well with the puttanesca.’

‘And for a vegan?’ my lady interjected, tre stelle in her eyes.

‘It will be interesting to see how Wolverhampton Wanderers fare in the Premier League this season. Obviously they are a mix of old and new flavours. Like our soup - why don’t I bring you a bowl of that whilst we see what took place at White Hart Lane this afternoon?’

When he got back, the waiter never returned to this level of platitudinous lucidity, perturbed as he was by an imaginary verbal sparring match with Lee Dixon. But we saw a kindred spirit.

To summarise, you should visit Bagno Tre Stelle if you like seafood, beans, views, football or the dopamine rush that only international diplomacy can impart. And to our waiter - if ever you’re in London, get in touch. We don’t live in Tottenham, Arsenal or Chelsea, but we’ll meet you there.

2  Thank X5081GJrichardl