All reviews sister hotel castello aragonese private beach room key reception team recommend this hotel hotel room special thanks beautiful ischia sun loungers enjoyed our stay terme gianfranco castle balcony spa sea
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2018

Although the room we stayed in was a bit small the service could not have been better. How much time do you spend in the room with such a glorious island to experience. We have done day trips to Capri as well as a full day boat exploration of Ischia. Only to return back to the hotel where all our needs were taken care of. The hotel has a full size pool as well as a mineral spa. Could not have asked for more

Room tip: If money is no object the waterfront suite is great otherwise the next level down was fine
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Burt W
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely, peaceful hotel in Ischia ponte, the hotel itself is a peaceful oasis, in an old villa, beautifully decorated, friendly staff, two pools, one thermal, lots of lovely places to sit and relax. Plentiful towels. Spoilt for choice whether to relax by the pool or go to the beach/ jetty if the sister hotel across the road.
Initially had a small problem with the room, my Italian did not help me explain very well, but after secret escapes, who we booked it with intervened the hotel bent over backwards to sort it out.
Breakfasts delicious.
Will definitely return, highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bunny98765
Reviewed July 10, 2018

This place was great! A fantastic launching pad for our time in Ischia. Excellent rooms, first class staff and service and the bartender Luigi made the BEST cocktails! Ask for a water facing room with a view of the Castello Aragonese. Trust me.

Room tip: Ask for a waterfront room with a view of the Castello Aragonese.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We had such a lovely stay here at the Mare Blu that we didn't want to move on! We'd planned just two days in this part of the island, but the staff were so helpful and the facilities so comfortable that we ended up staying here as our base for exploring the island.
We were given a room with views out over the castle and every time we needed anything, from a corkscrew to a restaurant recommendation to the best places to swim or visit we had such great service from Gianfranco and the reception team that we felt immediately at home. They helped us make a great holiday even better!
The facilities of the hotel are decent- a thermal spring pool around which relaxing music plays and breakfast is served- a relaxing lounge area and bar are all part of
the facilities. Over the road is the sister hotel "Miramare E Castello" where guests at the Mare Blu can make use of the beach loungers and a really great lunch restaurant and rooftop jacuzzis (2 of them) and exercise bikes, all with the same splendid castle view. The rooftop restaurant "La Lampara" is top notch- one of those Michelin starred places you go on a special occasion- and our meal there was memorable too.
Great place- relaxing and highly recommended!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank shakinswedens
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

I have just stayed here for a week and would not recommend this hotel. The room we were first given once my suitcase was in could not walk round the bed went to reception real language barrier the bloke did not say anything just called bell boy to show me another room which was double in size and balcony so took that. The whole week there the receptionists did not smile ask us if everything ok gave us any info of the area I needed an iron of which I rang reception don’t have irons I have stayed in lots and lots of 5 star hotel in the world and I have never heard so much rubbish I got charged £80 Euro to have ironing done by maid as no iron absolute disgrace never heard of this in my life.
This hotel needs to have lessons in customer service very disappointing . Good points location and the sister hotel across the road much more happier staff

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank sherry l
GianniMattera, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Mare Blu Terme, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Dear guest, we're sorry to read your review
but we are in doubt that you have stayed with us
our receptionist speaks fluent English and we also have English native speakers,
we are sorry. we respect his point of view
we do not know in which hotel it has stayed but in all the hotels with laundry it is considered an extra service for a fee and in 24 hours
the problem is solved.