“linshe”

Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Ischia
Barnet
“linshe”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just got back from this years trip, good news new chef, food good. The hotel is now dominated by Italians. Not a bad thing but they don't seem to spend any money in the hotel itself. All the drink prices have been increased and will put off those people who usually do like a few drinks in the bar. Most evenings the dining room was half full, most people seemed to be on a bed and breakfast deal. Not many people had wine with dinner again due to prices. I have just looked at 2014 prices for the hotel. Don't think I will be going the prices are getting silly. Think a lot of English people now go to other Ischia hotels better value for money. I think the hotel will suffer if lots of English people stop coming as they seem to be the ones who spend at the bar, wine with dinner etc. Such a shame as I love the hotel the staff are the best of any hotel I have been to.

Room Tip: We had a back room facing the park much quieter and bigger than the sea view rooms. Top floor rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda S
Durrueli, Direttore at Villa Durrueli, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks to sharing your reviews that had my personally full attention.
The Hotel Villa Durrueli Resort & Spa, is a small Resort that hosts international customers, of course our Italian is part of the international tourism which fortunately, still choose Italy as a preferred destination for their holidays. About the statement of the highest rates compared to our major competitors, I think it is a commercial logic correct: our brand reputation and our service, it is far superior respect to the other 4 stars hotel in Ischia. Obviously, over the years, we try to select our customers, because we are aware of the different service than other 4 star hotel in Ischia.

In any case, I invite you once again at our Resort, to observe with much more attention, our dedicated service that we offer our customers every day.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Leicestershire
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Villa Durreuli. The staff are truly a credit to the hotel. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. We were greeted with a smile and shown up to our room. We had a beautiful room with a spacious balcony which overlooked the castle. The food was excellent - we stayed on a half board basis and couldn't have asked for better service or food. There was always a good choice of sunloungers around the pool. Pool and areas very clean. I visited the wellness spa and had a mud facial which I can highly recommend! Mina, the Thomson Rep, was fantastic and very knowledgeable. She made the transfer to the hotel very smooth and arranged an excellent tour of the island. We also visited Negumbo, one of the island's natural spas, which was an excellent day out. The hotel is in an fantastic location. If you are thinking of booking this hotel, I would recommend without a doubt! Thank you to staff at the hotel for making our stay an unforgettable one!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Hubbard23
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review that had our full attention! I can confirm that all our staff is always very attentive in managing customer requests.

I hope to see you next year.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife chose this 4 star hotel based on internet literature and pictures. We came one day early to Ischia, and were looking for a reasonable place to stay for one night with our 6 year old son and 7 month old daughter while on route to our 5 star resort hotel booking on the island. On arrival we were greeted by a really nice and very helpful receptionist who showed us the hotel and its facilities. After a long trip we were tired and were really looking forward to winding down a difficult day of travel with two children by first relaxing by the pool, and then having dinner at the hotel's restaurant. The experience by the pool was great, but we were very disappointed when we went to the restaurant and were refused entry because we were not wearing long trousers and closed toe shoes. We simply could not believe it, exhausted with two children, on an island, during summer, in Italy, off the coast of Naples... and the head waiter at the restaurant was telling us we could not eat at the restaurant because we were not wearing long trousers and close toe shoes.

So we went to another restaurant outside of the hotel, with a wonderful view of the mediterranean ocean, and we had a wonderful dinner. Afterwards, on our return to the hotel from dinner, I complained that I was not made aware of this dress code when booking the hotel. The night doorman proceeded to take me down to the basement where the restaurant was, and showed me the dress code sign. A small sign to the left of the glass restaurant door... difficult to read from where we were standing... with two children. I asked him where the dress code was when my wife was booking hotel... he referred me to the hotel's general manager who called me a few minutes later to confirm that the dress code was the hotel's policy. When challenged as to why this dress code policy was not made known during the internet booking, I was told that a gentleman would have known that a 4 star hotel would have such a restaurant policy. I have no doubt he was referring to neapolitan gentlemen, such as himself.

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank ricmast
Durrueli, Direttore at Villa Durrueli, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your personal experience at Hotel Villa Durrueli Resort & Spa. I'm sorry for what happened, but I'm forced to confirm what I told you on the phone. It would be good education, especially in respect of other Guests, have a dress code for dinner, in a 4 stars hotel. In the restaurants on the beach instead, I can understand that all this, would not make sense. So I can understand your embarrassment, but I cannot understand the wickedness which you showed the review to the other customers. I regret, therefore, that during your short stay, you tried to influence the other clients, obviously not having success. I did say you anything, because I knew you were very embarrassed by what was happened and for this reason, I invite you to spend again, maybe for a longer vacation at our 4 stars Hotel, just to understand better our professionalism .. that maybe was not appreciated in full!

Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the Durelli for one week at the beginning of June. The hotel was truly lovely. The staff were most kind. Waiting staff and maitre d were exceptional. The room and the whole building was spotlessly clean. The food was excellent. It was topped off by a lovely spa with Turkish bath and thermal pool Our rep Mina was really good, living on the island herself she could give us advice which was great. Ischia itself is a very picturesque little island.
We enjoyed it so much, we have booked to go back for two weeks in September and are counting down the weeks!
Mal&Mgt Brown

3 Thank margaret1955504049
Durrueli, Direttore at Villa Durrueli, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks to sharing your so kind review. Reading a review like this, is really exciting because it makes us realize that our work is totally appreciated by our Customers.

So this, is just a short goobye, to see you again in September!!!

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here last week with my Mum. We had a superior room so it was large with a large balcony and it had a sunlounger and table and chairs on it with fantastic views of the castle and sea.
The staff are extremely professional at all times on reception, at the bar and in the restaurant.
We stayed on a half board basis and I would recommend this as the hotel restaurant is 5 star quality. The food is fantastic and the staff will do anything for you and provide an excellent service. There are 3 choices of starter and main each night and there was always something different and to suit all tastes. There are or'derves every night which you could help yourself to before your starter with bread and eat as much as you wanted. These were amazing.
The one thing I would point out is that the wine in the restaurant isn't cheap and you will pay about 25 euros a bottle but the wine is lovely! Breakfast is also good, choice of cereals, toast, gorgeous pastries, ham/cheese if you want this and also yoghurts.
There is wifi in reception areas.
We went in the spa once, this was lovely but the weather was so lovely we wanted to spend all our time outside. There are also 2 hot tubs by the pool area which are nice to sit in.
The pool area is clean, the bar will bring your drinks to you which we thought was very good.
There was no fighting for sunloungers, you could always get one. The pool area was quite quiet at times, not sure if time of the year or just because it is a smaller hotel.
I would recommend staying here if you are a couple really wanting to get away from it all. I went with my Mum but we still enjoyed it and didn't feel isolated. There weren't alot of English people there, mainly Italian and some German but we liked this and the age range was mainly middle -older couples. It is not for groups of young people and might not suit some younger couples.
The hotel is in a great location, 5 minutes from the castle, right near the bus stop and not far to the port. It is located at the end of a quiet road so even though central it is extremely quiet.
The beds in the room were a little hard but we got used to this and it wasn't that bad.
Would definitely recommend Ischia- best Island I've been to

Room Tip: choose superior if you can afford as bigger. ask for room with sea/castle view on top floor. anythin...
1 Thank SUSIE M
Durrueli, Direttore at Villa Durrueli, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks once again to sharing your impression about your long stay at Hotel Villa Durrueli Resort & Spa. The extremely professionality of all our staff is the result of a constant work done day by day, by our side; this is the real reason we are very proud to be a part of Hotel Villa Durrueli Resort & Spa!

I hope to see you again next year and I send my

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Villa Durreli and we will be returning, the location, food and most important, the staff ensured that we had the most relaxing holiday we have ever had. Every member of staff went out of their way to ensure we were happy and comfortable, special mention must go to Stefania, Mario (Thank you for the Mandolin CD) and Raphaeli (Maitre de) who made our last night so special. The Chef provided a delicious choice of food every night, a mix of local specialities, fresh pasta, fresh fish and a very tempting dessert. Whilst our room was a little small it did provide us with an very good view of the Castell Arogonese and the bay, it was also spotlessly clean. Free use of the Spa topped off an excellent week.

Room Tip: High floors on the pool side offer the best views.
Durrueli, Direttore at Villa Durrueli, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

first of all, thanks to sharing your so kind review regarding your long stay at Hotel Villa Durrueli Resort. Your so nice and genuine words make us feel good and for this reason we are oriented doing our work better.

england
Reviewed May 24, 2013

just returned from a 2 week stay we loved everything about our holiday . Mina the thompsons rep met us at Naples and looked after all her guests in an amazing way, the best rep we have ever met She is an absolute gem and a real asset to thompsons so helpful,kind and a great knowledge of her native island.. The hotel and all the sfaff amazing. Special mentions to Mario the bar manager ,Raphael the restaurant manager ,Marco &,Sara .The food was great, fantastic chef, every night was special especially our last night what a desert thanks Raphael.The hotel rooms and pool area were spotless and what a treat no guests reserving sun beds.We will be returning to the hotel next year we had a fantastic holiday thanks to all the staff. cathy & mike liverpool

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cathyandmike1
Durrueli, Direttore at Villa Durrueli, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

first of all I'd like to send our thanksgiving to share your review. In effects we try to propose an excellent service in all our hotel departments, especially in food & beverage, our greatest strength. All our staff and business partners, are strictly engaged to offer a great welcome to our customers, this is the real reason of our outcome.

Thanking once again to choose Hotel Villa Durrueli Resort for your vacation in Ischia, I hope to see you again next year!