Hotel Continental Ischia
$100
$98
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Delfini Strand Hotel Terme(Ischia)(Great Value!)
$105
$75
$279
$688
$145
Hotel La Capannina(Ischia)(Great Value!)
$49
$48
$106
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental termelovely hotelthermal poolsbeautiful islandswimming lengthsuntil midnightevening entertainmentminute walkmain poolthe busport townbusy roadhotel staffcakesmortella gardensvealplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Rooms were very nice and clean. Cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful. Contrary, staff at reception and restaurant was not friendly, desinterested and really did not look like they would like their job very much.
I quite liked the piano life music at the bar, but can imagine that it might be too noisy in rooms close to it.
The breakfast was the worst I ever had in a hotel. A lot of packed stuff, hardly any fresh fruits or so, instant coffee...horrible. Only the italian pasticceria things were good. Lunch and Dinner were good, but from my opinion it is better to go to a ristorante or pizzeria somewhere.
The swimming cap thing was strange but more or less funny. You can buy cheap ones for 2.50 Euros in Porto. They charge you extra for a pool towel at the hotel, which I also did not like. We did not try the spa area.
Near the hotel is a supermarket where you can buy some fruits and something to drink.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BuaChompoo
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I stayed here in May 2009 with Thomson. As a solo traveller I often find I pay supplements for second rate single rooms. Here, I found a very comfortable single room with balcony, bath, shower, wc, hair dryer, mini-bar....everything I would expect in a good quality hotel.

Food was excellent, as was service. I was a few paces away from both the Olympic pool and the thermal spa pool - glorious!

The hotel is located on a fairly busy road, but is only a short walk (15 mins) from the beach for those who like sand. There are bus stops outside for those who want to explore the island!

Staff at the hotel were helpful and courteous. I can't fault it, and will be back as soon as I can!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank Sue_K_Suffolk
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Service, location and especially food very nice.
Staff friendly but other guests a bit snotty - we were prectically the only British people there - everyone else middle-aged Italians who weren't very tolerant of children making noises and splashing in the pools.

Best food I've had at a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank grylls
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Just come back from a week here with Thomson, What a lovely relaxing Hotel, Friendly Helpful staff, Excellent food 3 choices per course, Huge Buffet breakfast. Beautiful architecture
Hotel very light and airy and to high standard. Great room well worth the £7 per night up grade for Superior room. Amazing pools very helpful friendly Thompson Rep Mina whose family come from Ischia, great welcome pack, lots of info leaflets.
We did two trips with Thomson: Island tour driven by Karsten very enjoyable and amusing commentary! The La Mortella gardens beauitful and relaxing.
Dont miss the Pizzeria next to the hotel! huge stone baked pizza just 3 Euro for a Margarita!
Very smooth tranfers no long waits.
Hotel is within walking distance of the Porto (20mins) and Ponte (15mins). Go early in the day if it is hot to the Porto if walking but there are often taxis waiting outside the hotel. Best to have a map if you want to explore the town (Kompass 630 Isole d'Ischia, from Amazon.co.uk)
For a short cut to the Ponte:- turn right out of hotel, then right again, turn left in to the park, go in the open space, turn out on the right side of the park, Turn left at the road (Leonardo Mazzella) right at end of theroad, then follow Via Seminario to Ischia Ponte
100% Great Holiday all round!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TomyGirl
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Did MDJA Salisbury stay at the same hotel as us, we stayed 19th September to 29th September 2007.

We did not encounter the problems they had in the restaurant with children. The staff are professional, friendly and welcoming.

The menu is excellent with 3 choices of each course all cooked and served to perfection.

We also stayed there in July 2007, unfortunately I tripped in Ponte and broke my shoulder. The medical care I received both at the Hospital In Lacco Ameno and at the hotel by the resident doctor was fist class.

When the Concierge and the front desk staff heard about my accident they came individually to the room to ask how I was and if they could do anything to help.

The restaurant staff were fantastic they brought meals to our room and made sure that we were extremel;y well cared for.

With regard to the wearing of swimming caps not only is this hygienic but also to prevent hair clogging the fine filters used in ther spa pools. The wearing of caps is in the information pack supplied in the room.

We returned in Sept. so that I could receive physiotherapy as prescribed by the hotel doctor and to use the spa pools, this has helped my recovery.

We have been going to the Continental Terme since August 2001.

My family and I have travelled extensively both in Europe and America and the Continental Terme can stand by the side of any hotel and possibly better than some.

We are returning to the Continental Terme in July and are very much looking forward to another wonderful holiday on this beautiful Island, with its very friendly and welcoming people from the ferry staff, taxi drivers and restaurant staff, give them a smile and they will respond.

Kirk, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England