“A stunning resort in an amazing island!!”

Grand Hotel Punta Molino Beach Resort & SPA
Ranked #10 of 70 Hotels in Ischia
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I just got back from a quite and relaxing weekend in the Ischia island. Following an advice given by a friend I decided to book a junior suite room in this resort. Set apart in an amazing landscape, I spent one of the best holidays ever!
The food was really good and the staff extremely helpful. The amenities, ranging from several swimming (also fed by fresh water) to an all-inclusive Spa, contributed to make our stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CDV_22
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Punta Molino Beach Resort & SPA

Reviewed February 6, 2011

Last summer I spent one week here to get away from the intense London life with my boyfriend. Well, it was worth any single penny as it proved an amazing holiday in the best venue I could have thought of! Can only say good about the hotel and would definitely recommend it for a holiday in the perfect location of Ischia.
The hotel is literally two steps away from the seaside..we simply had to cross the street to be on the beach!!! and our room had a breat-taking view of Ischia's characteristic Aragonese castle, which is definitely worth a visit! Not only we could easily walk to the beach, but we could also be in the very heart of Ischia porto in a matter of few minutes thanks to the hotel's convenient location. Indeed we were incredibly close to the main shopping and nightlife area, but at the same time set apart from the crowd in a very romantic venue facing Naples and its islands.. The standard of rooms and service was excellent...not to say the food, I would say above any standard!! truly delicious for any meal we had at the cozy restaurant overseeing the sea. Plus, it's a gorgeous hotel with fine furnishings and exceptional amenities..indeed we indulged in deeply relaxing treatments at the hotel's Spa, which I believe is a key point of the hotel.
What to say, we had an amazing experience!!! I'll definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at Grand Hotel Punta Molino this September for a long weekend.
I really loved it. The service was excellent, the room had an amazing view, it was nicely furnished and with nice ambiance. The hotel has a very good location, on the beach and at walking distance from the centre, shops and restaurants. It has a unique view on the Castle Aragonese and the island of Procida. very romantic!
I will definetely return. In fact I am planning to go back next summer!!

1  Thank verogr
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel is polular with Germans, about 90%. Sunbeds are taken early and not managed by the hotel as you would expect from a quality hotel. Bar staff are competent and friendly, The restaurant in the evening resembles an old peoples home and the food is poor. The staff are not competent silver service. At lunch courses were dumped on our table while eating previous courses so staff could close up and turn out the lights, Amazing! ooms are average but avoid putting cloths on top shelves in the wardrobes as these are not dusted. The hotel falls well short of 5 star hotels on Capri and on the Amalfi coast. It is stuck in a time warp and is not representative of the high standards you find at 5 star hotels in Campania. What a shame.

12  Thank rogerramjet365
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Punta Molino for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Check-in was extremely swift and we were showed to our room almost immediately. Although we were initially disappointed with the room (due to the balcony overlooking the front entrance) the hotel were swift to offer us an aternative which we decided against. To be fair it was OUR fault for not booking a room with a sea view instead we had a garden view. That said the room was spotlessly clean, sufficiently cooled and had all the amenities you would expect. The only flip side was that the bed i.e. mattress was rock hard.

Service at the hotel is extremely good. Professional, courteous, dignified and friendly. The Maire' d (Francesco) was an absolute delight and took the time to learn our names and always enquire as to our wellbeing. The waiting staff were very professional and attentive. Pool staff, bar staff and reception staff were equally as professional AND approachable with a smattering of English (in some cases excellent) and willing to engage with me in my attempts to improve my Italian. Special thanks to both Luigi and Antonio in the dining room and the excellent Santangelo in the bar.

Food is first class with an excellent breakfast buffet, a la carte or snack lunch and a four course dinner every night. The dinner was a wonderful buffet antipasto, followed by a regional pasta, meat/fish and dessert. Not once could I have complained about the food and the only slight I had is that sometimes the courses came a little too quickly allowing little respite.

The pool area IS small but there is also a small beach with two sunbathing decking areas so there is plenty of room for all.

It is only a short (10 minute) walk to the main piazetta where there is a nice selection of both lively and quiet bars.

All in this is a very good hotel indeed. Recommended for couples who are looking for a quiet break on a beautiful island

2  Thank Rodster
Reviewed August 27, 2010

1) it's a good hotel with high level of service, good facilities and great food
2) the beach is relatively small but it seems adequate although a bit cramped and crowded at times
3) it shows a bit of ageing in small details, a bit of rust here a bit of rush there but fundamentally it's still a good hotel
4) the food is really nice although not 100% perfect. Some of the "antipasti" items could easily be removed highlighting the nicer stuff. I had half board and both breakfast and dinner were nice. I didn't try the cooked breakfast but the continental breakfast was excellent.
5) drinks and foods outside the half board treatment are expensive, something like 10 euros for a iced coffee
6) i didn't try the spa (fully booked every time I tried) and I didn't try the outdoor hot water mini pool because it was too hot; the indoor warm water pool (small) near the (small) gymn, is really nice and convenient after some exercise but it shows some ageing (the water jets didn't work)
7) my room (single) was a bit small but very clean and the bathroom was almost as big as the room. The desk chair was uncomfortable and so was the armchair, but I had a small balcony with sea view and a view of the fortress and an extra chair and table on the balcony
8) air conditioning was ok, but not too cold so possibly americans or similar people used to blasting air conditioning full power, will think there is not airco;
9) a lot of communal spaces, with comfy sofas indoor and outdoor, where to sit relax, read etc;
10) furniture is dated and kitsch and could do with a revamp.
11) internet in the room via ethernet cable and wifi in communal areas. 5euros for 24hrs over 7 days, not a bad deal.

Overall a great place and although expensive I would go back anytime, the people working there are really nice and the service is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank logube
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Our fifth visit running and all as good as in my review of 2006. Citalia had an excellent promotion involving free spa treatment. The spa may contribute to the five star rating which some reviewers question although not questioned by the other annual visitors we always meet or the two couples we have recommended. There are a number of five star hotels in Italy which we could all name and which would cost up to half as much again and it is really a question of value for money -- Punta Molino is great value and really it matters really very litle whether or not you see 5 stars or four and a half stars if you are happy with what you get for your money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple